NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Just checked the home shirt from this season I got in the sale a few weeks ago, its the same on there.

Aye, its annoying, but this is Castore quality control. Does it really merit taking them back (probably having been worn all weekend) for a refund??

Storm in a teacup?

Tried posting a picture of my black away shirt from last season, but it just won’t allow me to for reason. Basically the same issue with the lettering on the crest. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo
Photo would not upload

7 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Tried posting a picture of my black away shirt from last season, but it just won’t allow me to for reason. Basically the same issue with the lettering on the crest. 

Probably the exact reason clubs are simplifying their logos. Get them out slick looking, quickly. 

Just seems ridiculous where most of the crest looks fine yet for that bit some f*cker just can’t do an ‘I’…! :lol:

I don’t think personally it bothers me as much, but just knowing about it is a bit off-putting and cheap looking particularly considering we’re owned by a Saudi multi-trillionaire. 

It's just the top of the N blending into the I isn't it? 

Plus I don't really agree that the players issue is better quality. It's a stick on badge rather than embroidered directly the the material.

Edited by ponsaelius

It's good to have an embroidered badge but it just looks altogether shoddy, regardless of they manufacturing mishap; the letters are wonky and placed oddly within the band. My two shirts from the 90s for comparison (notwithstanding forgivable fade after nearly 30 years of literal constant wear, day and night).

20230612_141124.thumb.jpg.47866e74d516c85cb44c05736e78e440.jpg

I just think folks should expect better for their money but if most "don't care ah just wanted the top," then whatever. Lessens the incentive for improvement, though. (This sentiment brought to you from 2014/15 :lol:)

I'd say castores crest looks absolutely fine minus the alignment and spacing of Newcastle United.

Exists on the one I have from last season but I accepted that it's just the N being too close and giving it the look of T.

Poor from castore tbf, if they couldn't get the stitching correct and signed off they should've kept the printed version like the pro kits.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

I'd say castores crest looks absolutely fine minus the alignment and spacing of Newcastle United.

Exists on the one I have from last season but I accepted that it's just the N being too close and giving it the look of T.

Poor from castore tbf, if they couldn't get the stitching correct and signed off they should've kept the printed version like the pro kits.

They probably saw all the complaining about the patch crests on the Puma kits and tried to appease the fans, with a bit more kwality!

Just now, TK-421 said:

They probably saw all the complaining about the patch crests on the Puma kits and tried to appease the fans, with a bit more kwality!

Well, that's exactly what they've done tbf to them.

I'm all about a stitched crest and felt sponsors but not at the cost of them fucking the name up [emoji38]

13 minutes ago, patrone said:

A couple of older ones for comparison

https://twitter.com/Garpatrone/status/1668254753069858816?s=20

IMG-20230612-WA0006~2.jpg

Even one of those above is a patch (top left), just doesn't have the awful white background/surround that makes it stand out as an ironed on patch.

Why cant Castore even do those, then just do them on Fan and Pro kits??

Edited by TK-421