NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Christ the panic and bed wetting in here is funny as fuck, for all anyone knows the shirt release could have been delayed because we were close to a signing and they wanted to do both at the same time 

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

Or more likely the signing pulled out and so did the sponsor because of it.

Or PIF have bought sunderland and are merging clubs. 
image.jpeg.3e9debb1efac41cb69b541c8f28d2aa3.jpeg

Edited by RS

8 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Strange that not even 1 local journalist knows or has even mentioned the new strips or sponsors (or even mentioned an issue or hint of a delay) 🧐

Wonder if they’ve been told but to keep it under wraps due to potential contractual issues with Fun88.

Seems like needless gatekeeping to complain about people wearing a toon top. Even if it looks shit on a particular person st James’ looks ten times better when everyone is there in black and white. Not to mention the money goes in to the clubs revenue streams and increases our transfer budget.

54 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Strange that not even 1 local journalist knows or has even mentioned the new strips or sponsors (or even mentioned an issue or hint of a delay) 🧐

Talking about this again are we. Yet again, it's not a big deal.

44 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Talking about this again are we. Yet again, it's not a big deal.

It is in terms of FFP 

it could bring 25-30 +million more to the budget Jackyboy

in terms of strip design / look / price …

I couldn’t give a flying F

Edited by JonBez comesock

Worrying that they've just bought another club. Would imagine they'd all want is playing in the same colour so can see the delay being down to us changing our strip to green.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

But they’ve been mentioned? They’ve been leaked. There was a big carry on about the colour of our away kit. That was only about a fortnight ago.

The reason there hasn’t been any subsequent discussion about the kits and sponsorship is that virtually all of the drama and speculation has been cooked up by the bored minds on here. 

12 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

It is in terms of FFP 

it could bring 25-30 +million more to the budget Jackyboy

in terms of strip design / look / price …

I couldn’t give a flying F

It can’t bring in that much as the PL would stop it, they is now way we get past the fair value going from £6.5m a season to £25m+ In the first season 

This is where fair value is bollocks - £20m to me seems fair given the size of the club and the project ahead of us. It’s not like we are trying to push through a £70m deal like a Man Utd of Liverpool would. The whole thing is nonsense 

Just now, nufcnick said:

It can’t bring in that much as the PL would stop it, they is now way we get past the fair value going from £6.5m a season to £25m+ In the first season 

It is when you compare the previous ownership and the lack of investment and the new ownership and their investment plans. If they don't buy it, then take them to court (or at least threaten to), as they wouldn't have a leg to stand on with regards to restraint of trade and anti-competition. 

15 minutes ago, TBG said:

Worrying that they've just bought another club. Would imagine they'd all want is playing in the same colour so can see the delay being down to us changing our strip to green.

It'll be an honour to see NUFC pay to be the sponsor of their new club.

Just now, andyc35i said:

This is where fair value is bollocks - £20m to me seems fair given the size of the club and the project ahead of us. It’s not like we are trying to push through a £70m deal like a Man Utd of Liverpool would. The whole thing is nonsense 

You won’t get any argument from me, this is why I think we may still have fun 88 for another season, especially If we have to pay the reported £4-6m to get rid of them, far easier to get a £20-25m shirt deal through next season if we’re in the top8, than it is now when we finished in the bottom half of the league 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

It is when you compare the previous ownership and the lack of investment and the new ownership and their investment plans. If they don't buy it, then take them to court (or at least threaten to), as they wouldn't have a leg to stand on with regards to restraint of trade and anti-competition. 

They would argue it’s not far value to go from £6m a year(for the last 14 years) to £20M+ a year for a constant bottom half team, when no other bottom half team has that sort of shirt sponsorship.

I also don’t think we can take them to court, as I’m sure it’s in the rules and regulations that you sign at the start of the season that all disagreements go through the PL arbitration process, the fat parasite got around that with regards to the takeover because he argued that the club didn’t actually sign it that season so could actually take them to court, a legal loophole the PL wouldn’t let slip through again. 

11 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Liverpool’s deal is worth £30m per season.  Adding £25m per season would take our shirt sponsorship past theirs.

As raised earlier, West Ham’s is £10m.  I reckon that’s where the PL will peg us for now

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

They would argue it’s not far value to go from £6m a year(for the last 14 years) to £20M+ a year for a constant bottom half team, when no other bottom half team has that sort of shirt sponsorship.

I also don’t think we can take them to court, as I’m sure it’s in the rules and regulations that you sign at the start of the season that all disagreements go through the PL arbitration process, the fat parasite got around that with regards to the takeover because he argued that the club didn’t actually sign it that season so could actually take them to court, a legal loophole the PL wouldn’t let slip through again. 

Of course you can take them to court, what do you think Ashley did last year. Bollicks to getting round the rules through the takeover also. If a company has a case to present to the courts, then the laws of this land give the platform to do this. It's anti-competitive and restraint of trade.

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Liverpool’s deal is worth £30m per season.  Adding £25m per season would take our shirt sponsorship past theirs.

As raised earlier, West Ham’s is £10m.  I reckon that’s where the PL will peg us for now

Liverpools currently is, yes, however, that has been in places for years (well over a decade but it was last extended 4 years ago) and is due to end soon. They’re supposedly negotiating for a $100m per year deal. 

https://frontofficesports.com/liverpool-on-cusp-of-record-breaking-shirt-sponsorship-deal/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fc-shirt-sponsorship-deal-26843187.amp

Edited by Manxst

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

But is that fair, given the takeover I'd say our worldwide exposure now surpasses West Hams so even without related sponsorships in fairness it may well be legit to claim larger sponsorship deals.

Just now, Manxst said:

Liverpools currently is, yes, however, that has been in places for years and is due to end soon. They’re supposedly negotiating for a $100m per year deal. 

https://frontofficesports.com/liverpool-on-cusp-of-record-breaking-shirt-sponsorship-deal/

And tbf, they’d be able to argue that is reasonable relative to their performance and size

Personally, I don’t think sponsorship should be capped - the PL rules are ludicrous,

Just now, madras said:

But is that fair, given the takeover I'd say our worldwide exposure now surpasses West Hams so even without related sponsorships in fairness it may well be legit to claim larger sponsorship deals.

Probably not, but I’d stake a decent amount on the fuckers arguing that this is where we are

i just hope that any new sponsorship deals are limited to one- or two-seasons at a time, so that significant increases can be made related to improved performance 

19 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You won’t get any argument from me, this is why I think we may still have fun 88 for another season, especially If we have to pay the reported £4-6m to get rid of them, far easier to get a £20-25m shirt deal through next season if we’re in the top8, than it is now when we finished in the bottom half of the league 

We finished in the middle of the league 

Man City / Man United get 60 million ish for short deals

We should be able to get 20-25 million 

potentially 5-7 million for sleeve sponsor 

we could also get a training gear sponsor / stadium sponsor / accommodation partner/sponsor 

It all adds up