NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

the white and green number may well have been Castores pitch to keeping the contract

Yeah, there's a good chance that they bought themselves a bit of favourability there.

My concern would be that I can't imagine Ashley inserting break clauses into commercial contracts, particularly when it is just 'free' income.  Without this, there could be sizeable costs to buying out the contracts.  We also don't know how long the Fun88 contract actually is - I wouldn't put it past Ashley's NUFC to have signed up to several years.

We shouldn't get too worried if it remains Fun88 (though it is a fantastically shite design); any new sponsor, particularly given the PL's rules, would likely only increase commercial revenues by a couple of million a year - we'd find it hard to argue at present that the club is more attractive to sponsors than West Ham, for example, who bring in just over 3m more in shirt sponsorship.  This is why the rebuild will take years, not months - get ourselves regularly finishing top six / seven, and grow from there.  In five years, with the club being run properly (Ashworth signing should give real hope on that front), and we'll be bagging the big money sponsorships like the others at the top end.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/254513/value-of-jersey-kit-sponsorships-in-the-barclays-premier-league-by-club/

I suspect it’s still fun88 if the shirt is out tomorrow. If fun88’s contract was ending I would have thought they’d have announced it. What I do think though is that  the leaked images may be shirts for the Saudi market with no sponsor on them, which may mean it’s possible to get an adult version without that shit logo on.

Edited by Whitley mag

Would be strange to make a Saudi coloured shirt with a gambling sponsor like. Makes that idea seem ever worse if that's the case. 

Wonder if that means we'll get a sponsorless version available as well? Has any club ever done that other than for kids shirts? 

33 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

People are over thinking this, if Fun88 have a contract for next season they will be on the shirt. 

Exactly what would be the point in paying them off if any new Saudi sponsor was restricted due to fair market value. We could potentially be worse off by doing that, if the PL are restricting our sponsor revenues in line with mid table clubs.

If fun88 are still on the shirt it’ll be disappointing as it does look shite, but in the grand scheme of things it’s a shirt and there’ll be a good reason if they haven’t got rid of them at this point.

Edited by Whitley mag

32 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

People are over thinking this, if Fun88 have a contract for next season they will be on the shirt. 

It’s a long term strategic move, they might have to pay them compensation but it would be a small step backward to make a giant leap forward.

Was thinking surely the owners know there is a lot of fan/media attention on the sponsorship (particularly the shirt). The owners will have known exactly what the position is concerning Fun88 from practically day one. I just can't understand why all the journalists (Caulkin, Hope), who have been speaking to the owners regularly, have not established that Fun88 will still be the sponsor if that is the case. Can't imagine why the owners wouldn't relay that information.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s a long term strategic move, they might have to pay them compensation but it would be a small step backward to make a giant leap forward.

Not a shirt sponsor but didn't Liverpool pay off their shirt maker to switch to a far more lucrative (New Balance iirc) deal?

28 minutes ago, LRD said:

Not a shirt sponsor but didn't Liverpool pay off their shirt maker to switch to a far more lucrative (New Balance iirc) deal?

I mean, it depends on the delta right. If we have to pay 10mil to buy out fun88 it means the new deal would have to be worth at least 20m and have to get past the premier leagues bullshit rules. (Numbers for illustration purposes ). 

I don’t see how buying them our is viable based upon this. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I just can't understand why all the journalists (Caulkin, Hope), who have been speaking to the owners regularly, have not established that Fun88 will still be the sponsor if that is the case. Can't imagine why the owners wouldn't relay that information.

Because, much like the players themselves, they don’t give a shit. It’s a job, top to bottom. They aren’t fans like us. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I mean, it depends on the delta right. If we have to pay 10mil to buy out fun88 it means the new deal would have to be worth at least 20m and have to get past the premier leagues bullshit rules. (Numbers for illustration purposes ). 

I don’t see how buying them our is viable based upon this. 

Agree, if it works in the grand scheme of things to end Fun88 early or if they can manage the PL, then it will work if the conditions are right.

5 hours ago, Decky said:

Why do people still think the announcement is coming tomorrow when they deleted the post? 

I suppose it could have been a scheduled post based on an initial release date which has since been pushed back, possibly due to a hold-up with the sponsorship deal?

This would explain why it was posted, then promptly deleted and why Fun88 are still happily posting their usual NUFC content.

Like you say, if the release date is today, why delete the posts?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine if there was no shirt sponsor but stadium name Saudi Golf St James Park for £100m a year.

That’s still an inflated deal , so can’t happen 

you have to look similar stadium sponsor deals the top clubs / bottom clubs are getting and try to get a  ‘mid way’ deal agreed to satisfy the pathetic ‘fair value’ guidance 

obviously you can try and push it a little bit and explain we have more potential now with wealthy owners and potentially more global exposure.

44 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

That’s still an inflated deal , so can’t happen 

you have to look similar stadium sponsor deals the top clubs / bottom clubs are getting and try to get a  ‘mid way’ deal agreed to satisfy the pathetic ‘fair value’ guidance 

obviously you can try and push it a little bit and explain we have more potential now with wealthy owners and potentially more global exposure.

Should head to Saudi Arabia and play some pre season exhibition matches for huge fees. Not sponsorship so wouldn’t be covered by the related party rules.