Current players you think might make good managers

Tooj

Just something to get away from the purgatory that supporting Newcastle United is at the moment.

First two names that spring to mind are both of these little geniuses.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120704102710-iniesta-xavi-horizontal-gallery.jpg

I can see Xavi more-so than Iniesta, simply as he reminds me of Guardiola in the way that the both of them are just total footballing dweebs.

(Technically retired) but I also don't think Seedorf should really be judged for his spell at Meelan; that club is completely rotten to the core thanks to Berlusconi and his mate Galliani. I do think one day he will come good if he hasn't already been put off from it.

Odd that everyone seems to equate deep lying playmaker as a good manager. I can't see there being so much of a pattern. I get the assumption about them being better at reading the game, but there's just so much more to it. I'm not sure I can even predict who would be good, without knowing how they interact with a group in social situations / at training.

Harry Kane is my best bet. Given everything he touches turns to gold.

Odd that everyone seems to equate deep lying playmaker as a good manager. I can't see there being so much of a pattern. I get the assumption about them being better at reading the game, but there's just so much more to it. I'm not sure I can even predict who would be good, without knowing how they interact with a group in social situations / at training.

Because they are usually very intelligent and as players could see the whole pitch. Lends quite well to coaching success.

Because they are usually very intelligent and as players could see the whole pitch. Lends quite well to coaching success.

Is that backed by evidence, though? Let's take a look at current active most successful managers.

Guardiola - deep lying playmaker

Ancelotti - midfielder (I remember him being deployed in several positions)

Mou - Not much of a footballing career but he was a midfielder IIRC

Del Bosque - Defensive midfielder

Simeone - Defensive midfielder

Not a large sample, you might be onto something.

Is that backed by evidence, though? Let's take a look at current active most successful managers.

Guardiola - deep lying playmaker

Ancelotti - midfielder (I remember him being deployed in several positions)

Mou - Not much of a footballing career but he was a midfielder IIRC

Del Bosque - Defensive midfielder

Simeone - Defensive midfielder

Not a large sample, you might be onto something.

http://i.imgur.com/m5Ax5kT.png

god what have we done

But incidentally, Ferguson was a forward, Klopp played everywhere but midfield, Pellegrini was a defender, Brendan the saviour was a defender, Frankie De B was a defender, Bielsa too. But then Conte was a midfielder, as was Garcia and Van Gaal.

Minimal correlation at best. Especially given that I'm sure there are more "midfielders" playing the game than any other position.