Newcastle United vs Spurs - Sunday 19th April@4pm (watch on SkySports 1 instead)

leffe186

I find it funny the fans who are attending because they have already given Ashley their money, and/ or they claim they are too loyal a supporter not to go. Yet there are season ticket holders (and fans who have bought tickets) boycotting who are willing to sacrifice their own hard earn money and miss a game they have paid for, for the long term health of the club.

Who is truly the loyal supporter?

Guest Brendan_Rice

Oh aye. "Starred in a 2-0 defeat, as first team head coach watched on from the sidelines".

Who do they think we are man?

It was between him and the tea lady

It boils down to stubborness (he won't stop ME going), apathy (doesn't matter he has the TV money) or perception (I/we will look disloyal/ we'll put buyers off) None of which refute the benefits of a boycott.

I think some of it is down to misplaced spite towards those organising it as well. As in "Who are they to tell me what to do, it'll never work anyway". f***ing depressing when the chance for change is being put on a plate for people in a way that requires zero effort, yet they'll inexplicably ignore it and carry on going /moaning.

Extremely likely to be the case with folks like UD who can't really give a valid explanation for why sitting on your hands at the match is better than uniting and making a statement.

Regardless of the fact that you're going to the match, what made you think it'd be a good idea to share that information here? You must've known you'd be getting the dog's abuse (and rightly so.)

You can't be a superfan without telling everyone.

Whether they’ve said it in previous summers and it hasn’t happened I don’t know

Erm, yes you do? You've been the assistant manager here for nearly all of Ashley's reign :lol:

I’ve seen the plans and they are encouraging – not for me as John Carver the head coach but for John Carver the fan inside me

So he's nailed on for the job permanently? Great.

Not going to the match but not sure if I'll head to leazes park yet, living in Edinburgh that's a big expense to come down to just protest.

I still feel a  horrific longing to go to the match inside me though, It's hard to get over the fact that Newcastle United isn't the same club I fell in love with, so I understand those who go, despite it being the wrong decision.

Think anything below 45k will be a massive success. The noise might have gone from SJP, but the crowds haven't and anything to persuade people from not going is going to face a challenge given some peoples stubborn views. . No doubt the  media (especially the local ones)  will ignore the fact our club has a recent history of big attendances no matter what and try and spin this as best they can for the club, in fear of being banned though.

As if the one game really affects you in any way, or your being there even matters to the gutless wonders infesting our dressing room.

£710 ST/19 games = £37.36 per match

£710 ST/18 games = £39.44 per match

No doubt the £7 burger bought in the ground will be a necessity though........

I don't pay anything like that.

Price freeze means I pay £17.36 per match for me and £4.73 per match for the bairn.

Fans are trying their best to force change for the greater good of the club and you're prepared to turn a blind eye and support the current situation for the sake of £22.09?

Struggling to understand why anyone would think our current team, management and owner deserve any support - we are in an absolute mess.

Struggling to see why so many cannot see this and will not do anything about it.

Struggling to think of any justifiable reason for anyone to go to this - a one off (for now) boycott to make a stand against the above.

I think all those not going into the ground should still meet up around the ground encouraging people not to go in/block turnstiles etc - what ever it takes!

They tried doing that in 1989. It didn't stop people going.

Its not 1989 anymore, and football fans are being exploited in a completely different way. I hope this protest leads to more protests, not just here but at other clubs as well, i.e. Aston Villa.

As if the one game really affects you in any way, or your being there even matters to the gutless wonders infesting our dressing room.

Price freeze means I pay £17.36 per match for me and £4.73 per match for the bairn.

Fans are trying their best to force change for the greater good of the club and you're prepared to turn a blind eye and support the current situation for the sake of £22.09?

£1.22 averaged over the other 18 games. Just make a stand, man.

Hang on lads. It didn't work 25 years ago, pointless trying again. Do you really think anything's changed in a quarter of a century? :lol:

Sad thing is it's that mentally shown by the likes of him why nothing will ever change and we'll just continue to drift along aimlessly, just a shell of a football club simply existing to force the Sports Direct brand into as many people Worldwide as possible. I've been watching NUFC since 1983 but if this latest protest doesn't get off the ground because the majority of the fans can't be bothered to miss one game that's on the telly anyway that's me done with it all. Season ticket won't be used again this season and isn't being renewed for next season.

I'll find something else to do with my time and leave watching that shower to those who deserve it.

Guest reefatoon

For me, any so called fan that does go to the match, automatically loses any kind of right to complain about the owner and the state we are in. They make their beds, they can lie in it.

For me, any so called fan that does go to the match, automatically loses any kind of right to complain about the owner and the state we are in. They make their beds, they can lie in it.

^^^^^^^

This 100%

They also endorse this:

First Team:

Played 14 Won 2

Under 21s: Played 11 Won 0

Under 18s: Played 11 Won 2

:blush:

^^^^^^^

This 100%

They also endorse this:

First Team:

Played 14 Won 2

Under 21s: Played 11 Won 0

Under 18s: Played 11 Won 2

:blush:

Jesus wept.

If he wasn't such a tight, greedy and selfish bastard, I would've fucking paid him that myself for him not to go. To not see that it it's not about the money that Ashley gets for this game, but to show him what it'll mean for next season is taking stupidity to whole new levels.