Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Maybe we really were interested in Vieira but thought because he's inexperienced he'll jump at a chance to manage a big club without having control over signings? In reality it's likely that Vieira would be interested in the job, but not if the job refers to the Ashley blowjob perfected by Pardew and Carver which MCClaren would happily kneel down for.

To be honest, it's probably a bit unfair to McClaren that we've already labeled him as a sycophant on Pardew and Carver's level when he's already turned down the job once :lol:

He didn't turn it down, he was just hedging his bets. If Derby had got promoted he'd have stayed, plus he would have been fearful of getting relegated with us if he did take the job with 3 games to go.

Right, so for those reasons, he turned it down.

Like I said, hedging his bets. Otherwise why is he still in the frame for the job now? If you believe the press speculation, it seems he's still going to be interviewed for the job this week, as is Vieira, although I find that one more unlikely myself.

What I mean is, why do we assume that he'll do whatever Ashley says just to get/stay in the job when he's already turned down the job once when the conditions didn't suit him? I get that he's unexciting and all that (although even then, he's probably far too good for the shithole that is NUFC right now), but is there any reason to label him an Ashley sycophant other than the fact that he's English?

Well let's hold off until we see which one ends up the job, McClaren or Vieira. I guess you'll have your answer. This is the spineless piece of shit who got sacked by a Championship club BTW, after failing to get them promoted two seasons in a row.

Again, I don't deny that he's unexciting but we have no evidence for spineless. Plenty of bad managers with firm, robust spines out there. (Big Sam, Roy Keane etc.)

Also it's all moot because we're appointing Carver.

If we do get McClaren there's one piece of continuity we can look forward to at least:

On 2 May 2010, FC Twente were crowned champions for the first time in their history after a 2–0 win away to NAC Breda. On winning the Eredivisie, McClaren became the first Englishman to manage a team to a top-level domestic league title since Bobby Robson with F.C. Porto in 1996 (Robson also won the Dutch title with PSV Eindhoven in 1991 and 1992)

Robson had in fact been a major influence in McClaren's decision to go to the Netherlands. According to McClaren, "The relationship I had with Bobby was very special. He was a good friend and was of big influence on my decision to join FC Twente. I'd like to think that he'll be watching from a cloud up above and wishes us the best as we play the last game in the league against NAC".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_McClaren

If we do get McClaren there's one piece of continuity we can look forward to at least:

On 2 May 2010, FC Twente were crowned champions for the first time in their history after a 2–0 win away to NAC Breda. On winning the Eredivisie, McClaren became the first Englishman to manage a team to a top-level domestic league title since Bobby Robson with F.C. Porto in 1996 (Robson also won the Dutch title with PSV Eindhoven in 1991 and 1992)

Robson had in fact been a major influence in McClaren's decision to go to the Netherlands. According to McClaren, "The relationship I had with Bobby was very special. He was a good friend and was of big influence on my decision to join FC Twente. I'd like to think that he'll be watching from a cloud up above and wishes us the best as we play the last game in the league against NAC".

Better to say Bobby was looking down for a league title win than a fucking disastrous losing streak mind :lol:

:lol: You couldn't make it up :D

Nobody has been approached. Nobody. There is no shortlist.

I'm pretty confident that I'd be better than Carver.

Nobody IN!

http://i.imgur.com/vi6qTwQ.png Mike Ashley likes this.

Too forrin.

Give me a couple of days in Newcastle and eight pints and I'll sound more like a Geordie than Schteve did Dutch after a year there. I'll probably also still be more coherent than John Carver.