Charlie Austin

HawK

You could argue that believing the club's media partners is the mistake.

It's quite possible Austin would prefer to sit on the bench at Chelsea, earning more money and winning more trophies.

Rather like Remy and it's difficult to condemn it when it leads to medals and honours for the players.

More money, trophies won and probably less 'work' to be done....yes please :lol:

It's quite possible Austin would prefer to sit on the bench at Chelsea, earning more money and winning more trophies.

Rather like Remy and it's difficult to condemn it when it leads to medals and honours for the players.

More money, trophies won and probably less 'work' to be done....yes please :lol:

Wouldn't begrudge him one bit if he decided to go there for a couple of years to that from where he came from.

:thup:

Could also argue they are the only folks who might actually have a clue what's happening.

The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United', while the evidence given by owner Mike Ashley and his fellow executives over the course of the two-week hearing was described at one point in the verdict as 'profoundly unsatisfactory'.

I think it's safe to say which is more likely.

Wouldn't begrudge him one bit if he decided to go there for a couple of years to that from where he came from.

Was talking at work about this yesterday, do you chance your arm and move to the big club knowing you'll be an understudy, hope Diego Costa breaks his leg so you get a run, and then end up leaving after 1-2 years with a pretty penny and reputation still in tact or do you go for the consistent first team football hoping the big club will be more interested after a couple more years? It's a difficult one.

Was talking at work about this yesterday, do you chance your arm and move to the big club knowing you'll be an understudy, hope Diego Costa breaks his leg so you get a run, and then end up leaving after 1-2 years with a pretty penny and reputation still in tact or do you go for the consistent first team football hoping the big club will be more interested after a couple more years? It's a difficult one.

I think he'd end up at someone like us, West Ham, Spurs, Villa, Everton, etc. in a year or two if things don't work out for him there so he might as well take the plunge now. I don't imagine he's earned a fraction of whatever other Premier League footballers at his level have made in their careers to date, so he's one I don't blame. Not like Rodwell, Sinclair, etc.

Where has the rumour come from about him saying he doesn't want to move North? Just seen don Hutchinson's tweet

There was a bookmaker on the radio this morning saying that is what his sources have told him!!

There was also a discussion about him being a good fit for Palace.

I've seen Southampton and Villa linked as well so he probably has a few choices.  If there is genuine interest from Southampton I would have thought that would appeal to him the most as he is from the South coast.

Until he signs, it is doesn't matter how close the club thinks the deal is.  They thought Remy was a done deal and then found he had signed for QPR.

Never understood the appeal of London.  I have visited both places and like Newcastle much better.  The terrain of Northumberland is much more appealing to me than the south of England.  But I'm also from Iceland which might  have something to do with my opinion.

Guest neesy111

Still reckon we'll get Austin tbh, too many sources are saying it. It makes sense.

Is Steve Black still coming in?

Who is Steve Black?

Never understood the appeal of London.  I have visited both places and like Newcastle much better.  The terrain of Northumberland is much more appealing to me than the south of England.  But I'm also from Iceland which might  have something to do with my opinion.

Not if your a millionaire, which is the point.

If he wants to play for England regularly, he's got to go to a club that will play him. Especially now that the up and coming competition is Harry Kane and not Danny Welbeck.

He's not getting ahead of Rooney, Welbeck, Kane or Sturridge anytime soon like.