The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Would like to see Ashley apologist Shola Ameobi booted out to manage some National League North side to look after their ticketing office. He's absolutely no place looking after the next generation at the top level.

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ramage at least went away and learned his trade. I've no idea what Shola has done to earn his role.

Absolutely fuck all, stole a living as a player and is now doing the same again.

12 hours ago, toon25 said:

Would like to see Ashley apologist Shola Ameobi booted out to manage some National League North side to look after their ticketing office. He's absolutely no place looking after the next generation at the top level.

Do we actually know he's shit at his job or just assume?

25 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Did Simon Smith leave on own accord or was he pushed?

The fact they're advertising it so publicly points to the fact that it wasn't planned, but no idea what the story is behind him leaving.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Do we actually know he's shit at his job or just assume?

At the end of the day, you've got to ask yourself: 'if I was managing a football club, would I have Shola Ameobi managing my youth player loans'.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

At the end of the day, you've got to ask yourself: 'if I was managing a football club, would I have Shola Ameobi managing my youth player loans'.

I love Shola. He’s bright, warm and personable, committed to NUFC, knows the ropes, loves apples. What’s not to like?  I would trust him to do most any job he was properly supported to do. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Shola must be good with the youngsters you'd think, so he's probably worthy of a job in there somewhere.

Takes them on bike rides and apple picking.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/sep/15/liverpool-fc-and-newcastle-united-fc-coaches-suspended-150922

Coaches from Liverpool FC and Newcastle United FC have been banned, fined and warned for breaching FA Rule E3 during their Premier League game on Wednesday 31 August 2022. 

John Achterberg and Daniel Hodges both admitted that their behaviour during the 98th minute was improper, and the Liverpool FC coach also accepted that he used abusive and insulting gestures. 

An independent Regulatory Commission has fined the Liverpool FC and Newcastle United FC coaches £7,000 and £6,000 respectively, banned them from the touchline for one fixture, and warned them as to their future conduct. 

The written reasons for these sanctions will be published in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...