England

Yorkie

Southgate probably isn't good enough but i don't think any manager can get much from this group, there's some talented forward players but most of the defenders are utter s**** and the CM options are utterly depressing.

Jordan Henderson, Eric Dier, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Cork, James Ward-Prowse, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Mason, Tom Carroll, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Liam Baker, Nathaniel Chalobah.

Don't think i'm missing anyone there, but none of them are any good. If the midfield is utterly s**** which it quite painfully is, then it's hard for any manager to get anything from the team.

Southgate probably isn't good enough but i don't think any manager can get much from this group, there's some talented forward players but most of the defenders are utter s**** and the CM options are utterly depressing.

Jordan Henderson, Eric Dier, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Cork, James Ward-Prowse, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Mason, Tom Carroll, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Liam Baker, Nathaniel Chalobah.

Don't think i'm missing anyone there, but none of them are any good. If the midfield is utterly s**** which it quite painfully is, then it's hard for any manager to get anything from the team.

Barkley is the obvious miss. Needs to fulfil some potential though. He's clearly got some ability.

Barkley is the obvious miss. Needs to fulfil some potential though. He's clearly got some ability.

Yeah. In general, we do have some talented players who, for one reason or another, weren't out there last night - Barkley, Wilshere, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck - players who can make things happen.

A fit and in-form Wilshere would have made a big difference, but I fear the worst for his career, with so many injuries early on.

Guest firetotheworks

There are plenty of posts about him being shit and a post just on the last page about him being overrated. I reckon he's underrated but last night he was terrible, it's not that difficult a concept. If you watch Liverpool you'll see how useful he can be.

What on earth has Vardy done wrong?

Rooney is still going to be a big problem because he'll be first sub introduced 9 times out of 10!

That is now five utter s**** England matches in a row!

Vardys time was in the Euros when he was completely wasted. His form this season doesn't really justify inclusion, but he was probably a better shout than Sturridge. Deeney, Rashford & Antonio of West Ham have had the best start for attacking English players & were obviously all overlooked because choosing players on form is proper mental. Its so boring talking about the obvious with England now.

Even Walcott for me is consistantly wasted if not played centrally. It only works with Arsenal because Sanchez is the forward player & he can get everywhere & do everything. Walcott normally scores when Sanchez vacates his position & Walcott runs in. He's not an efficient wide player atall. No idea how Lingard earnt his place etc etc

Vardy's goals to minutes ratio of the preceding season to the finals for England was better than twice as good as Kane's, must clinical striker we had at international level. Woy's an idiot.

That said, if all the team can do is run fast and doesn't have any brains, it's no wonder we can't score any goals vs teams that sit behind the ball.

Guest neesy111

I'm sick of hearing the like's of Rio Ferdinand still banging that if the team were to click then it has massive potential.

How many of the English players have shone on the biggest stage? (Champions League) against good teams? There's decent quality there, but imo they just aren't that good.

None, we really don't have any greats and rarely produce them.

Also, we have way to much hype about anyone that looks half decent.  They then get a bumper contract and fast tracked into the England squad.

For years now I've thought all we really needed was a good attack minded manager who would get the best out of the players we have. But now I realize that we've all been taken in by sky's hype.

I've now come to the conclusion that a lot will already know..... the England players just aren't that good.

The fact of the matter is without the foreign players in a lot of cases making the English ones look better than they actually are the Premier league would be one of the worst around.

For years now I've thought all we really needed was a good attack minded manager who would get the best out of the players we have. But now I realize that we've all been taken in by sky's hype.

I've now come to the conclusion that a lot will already know..... the England players just aren't that good.

The fact of the matter is without the foreign players in a lot of cases making the English ones look better than they actually are the Premier league would be one of the worst around.

Talented kids get their skills coached out of them by managers being more interested in formations and tactics rather than developing players for the future. 

A big problem with England is that all players just play in the same league, and has done all their lives. Not a single one has experience (except for Hart who has been away for a about a day and a half) of playing and being coached anywhere else.