England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

If Maguire wasn’t such a cheating cunt you guys would have been angels compared to Colombia last night. As he was a cunt though, you guys were only like, normal compared to Colombia.

Guest firetotheworks

What did Maguire actual do? I don't recall it. :lol:

Dived, or being kind, anticipated contact and went down without there being anywhere near any. In either instance he immediately got up and shook his finger to let the ref know it wasn't a penalty, you know, just like Neymar does. :lol:

Canny how every England game has been at a good time to watch if you work normal 9-5 office hours.

Think the England-Wales game at the Euros was like 2 in the afternoon on a weekday which wasn't ideal

Guest Howaythetoon

Well we have reached a stage I didn’t think we would and Southgate is growing on me, long may it continue. Colombia were dirty bastards and I was disappointed in them, they didn’t play any real football at all and this again typifies how a lot of teams have now lost their identity and confidence to play their own style of play. We deserved to go through if not to win the match in open play. Kane is a machine, he has 6 goals and I don’t think the service has been great at all to him.

I really don’t get this, “we don’t create enough chances from open play” opinion that a lot of people are going on about.  Surely it doesn’t matter where our shots and goals come from?  We’ve scored 9 goals in 4 games, if anyone had been offered that before the tournament started then they’d snap your hand off.

If i was going to be concerned about anything, it’s probably the fact we haven’t managed to keep a clean sheet yet. 

It's a fair enough worry when we're up against Sweden who are very good on set pieces, both attacking and defending.

This is a fair point i suppose but it does seem like people looking for a problem just for the sake of it.  Thinking about it, the reason it’s irritating me is mainly cos that’s the line Fat Sam is pushing on Talksport and it reeks of bitterness.

Canny how every England game has been at a good time to watch if you work normal 9-5 office hours.

Think the England-Wales game at the Euros was like 2 in the afternoon on a weekday which wasn't ideal

It's actually weird how perfect it's been for most normal working hours.

Almost like the Russians checked with us first. :lol:

Well we have reached a stage I didn’t think we would and Southgate is growing on me, long may it continue. Colombia were dirty bastards and I was disappointed in them, they didn’t play any real football at all and this again typifies how a lot of teams have now lost their identity and confidence to play their own style of play. We deserved to go through if not to win the match in open play. Kane is a machine, he has 6 goals and I don’t think the service has been great at all to him.

Southgate's grown on me.  Even if we went out last night, I'd have kept him.  Stop the embarrassing the hunt for the next England manager, that we like doing every couple of years.  I'd like him to get the chance to see this team to maturity and learn from a few of the mistakes made this time around.

Regarding Maradona, what a cunt shocker.  But seriously, how can anyone watch that match and see us as the bad guys there?  They should have a red card pure and simple in the first half.  The referee was terrible, but it in no way benefited us you fat stapled cunt.

Guest Howaythetoon

Southgate's grown on me.  Even if we went out last night, I'd have kept him.  Stop the embarrassing the hunt for the next England manager, that we like doing every couple of years.  I'd like him to get the chance to see this team to maturity and learn from a few of the mistakes made this time around.

Regarding Maradona, what a cunt shocker.  But seriously, how can anyone watch that match and see us as the bad guys there?  They should have a red card pure and simple in the first half.  The referee was terrible, but it in no way benefited us you fat stapled cunt.

Agreed RE Southgate, what I like about him is how he’s managing everything and if he learns from any mistakes he has made or may make, he will be fine as we now have a talented core with more emerging talent coming through.

We just lack a playmaker badly, imagine a Gazza in this team, such a player can be the difference. Croatia have Modric, Belgium Hazard and De Bruyne, Brazil Neymar, Uruguay Suarez.

We have Kane of course who is our only genuine world-class talent, but we lack a real playmaker or genius in there on the ball. We can compensate for that of course and will need to.

As for Maradona, he’s a joke and I doubt anyone takes him serious. I love the mad bastard for the type of player he was and his who gives a fuck attitutide, but he’s a melt in reality and someone you cringe at.

Maradona, man. The bloke is just a total cunt.

We weren't perfect last night, by any means, but Colombia were fucking woeful. Only played actual football for about 10 minutes and spent the rest of the match being total, complete, absolute utter arseholes. I really liked them as a team, before last night, but they were as bad as peak Barca/Real twattery.

Fewming. 

Guest firetotheworks

I'd perhaps have more time for Maradona's quite obviously coke-fueled mental outburst if he wasn't comfortably the most famous football cheat of all time. :lol:

The only thing I'd criticise Southgate for was the Dier sub(which is weird to say because he scored the winning penalty) , everything else I think he's been great with so far.

Good thing also is I get the feeling he will learn from any mistakes he does make. I was quite positive about him coming into the tournament because in the friendlies I saw a team which actually played as a team for once, but even then I feel like the team has definitely performed above what anyone expected.

It's actually weird how perfect it's been for most normal working hours.

Almost like the Russians checked with us first. :lol:

Heading to Japan this weekend, kickoffs between 11pm and 3am  :lol:

The only thing I'd criticise Southgate for was the Dier sub(which is weird to say because he scored the winning penalty) , everything else I think he's been great with so far.

Good thing also is I get the feeling he will learn from any mistakes he does make. I was quite positive about him coming into the tournament because in the friendlies I saw a team which actually played as a team for once, but even then I feel like the team has definitely performed above what anyone expected.

He got away with the Dier sub

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, you choose that over the match and then decide to interrupt the show you have no right to be there, justified and in no way an over reaction. I’d have kicked the cunts out and let everyone watch the match. It’s not as if we all don’t know what happened to the Titanic anyway.

Nah, you choose that over the match and then decide to interrupt the show you have no right to be there, justified and in no way an over reaction. I’d have kicked the cunts out and let everyone watch the match. It’s not as if we all don’t know what happened to the Titanic anyway.

:thup: