England

Yorkie

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, loan from Manchester United), Nick Pope (Newcastle United), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Everton, loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Marc Guéhi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (AS Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford)

12 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Ivan Toney in the squad. I wonder what Benitez saw in Joselu that he did not see in Toney?

We've had this a few times; Rafa barely got a look at him. It's been cited as an example of the gap Ashworth is filling: getting all the departments working in harmony. In any case he was nowhere near Premier League level at that point, where he might've been a better option than Joselu. He was finding his feet at the likes of Scunthorpe that year. 

22 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like he’s reverting to type with the likes of Shaw.

Shaw is really good in my opinion. We don’t have many good English left backs with the experience he has. He was one of our better players in the Euros too. 

I haven’t watched much of him at Man U this season mind. 

24 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Shaw is really good in my opinion. We don’t have many good English left backs with the experience he has. He was one of our better players in the Euros too. 

I haven’t watched much of him at Man U this season mind. 

Because he hasn’t played.

Who's the hell is Marc Guehi?

Seems odd having Newcastle players playing for England.

A huge part of me hope they don't play in case they get injured, and in any case wasting time playing for England when they could be resting with us.  

Who do we think will be the next first cap player that will come from us? I think Dan Burn will be next in line for a cap at CB if he continues to stay fit and play decent enough for us.

30 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s a Palace defender.

Honestly never heard of him, and he's already already 3 caps. 

I couldn't give an arse about England anymore, especially after getting battered by Hungary. I can't get behind Southgate, never have, never will - in spite of the 'success'. He's a FA Man, more a politician than a winner. Italy appoint Conte, we promote Southgate - says it all.

Any successful National teams bring form from clubs/already gelled players that know how to play with each other. I can understand calling up Maguire up on that basis. Whilst Maguire is a bag of piss at club level, it's clear he's core to something at England. Personally I'd play Stones-Walker at CB.

Southgate has never had the balls to ever play with less than two defensive minded midfielders. That's been a frustration of the nation. If he can play with 5 attack minded players (ex. Rice--Foden-Bellingham--Sancho-Sterling-Kane) I'll get on board with what he's doing.

Back 3, with Walker right sided CB worked - that was 4 years ago. That's the most innovative thing this man has ever done, and the idea came from Steve Holland.  

I have no hope for the World Cup. I don't think the FA will actually sack Southgate. He's 'their man'. He'll come out and make a press conference (like Sven did), and fall on his sword; and receive a huge pay-off doing so - all the while non league/grass roots under FA rule crumbles.