Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

It's been a while since we've seen someone disrespect the shirt as much as he does. I have no idea what he thinks he's supposed to be doing on the pitch while getting paid millions by this club, but he's not been doing anything at all for a majority of this season. I take that back, it's not even disrespect towards NUFC and the fans, it's sheer indifference. Which is worse.

Was a massive defender of his, thought we had signed the best attacking midfielder in an ages - but my word has he gone on a hiding of epic proportions.

The talent is there, it's the mentality that's shockingly regressive.

Obviously he is a luxury player. He can't assert himself or change a game on his own but flourishes when the team plays well anf midfield bosses a game.There is certainly a player there.. we will likely see it at whichever club buys him in the summer.

This. He suffers from the same kind of things that Mitrovic does. The team is shit and he can't change things on his own whatsoever, really reliant on the team clicking around him to perform well.

Today was the perfect time to drop him so he got a kick up his backside so that he can actually try better at home next week. Should just pack his bags and fuck off to his next team now.

Guest firetotheworks

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the match.

Having said that, it sounds like he's had another one of his away performances. He should have been dropped ages ago like, quality or not, you're playing with 10 men when he's on.

Suited far better to a lower standard of football where he can do what he wants and be the star. Very similar to Depay.

This doesn't apply so much to Depay but for me, players like Wijnaldum and Anita are so used to their teams dominating games that they get totally unstuck when on the backfoot. PSV might have the odd hard game but mostly it'll be the opposition with 10 behind the ball. Now he's at NUFC it's 10 behind the ball when we attack :lol:

Not excusing him for a pathetic 2nd half of the season but he clearly doesn't know how to adapt his game

Suited far better to a lower standard of football where he can do what he wants and be the star. Very similar to Depay.

This doesn't apply so much to Depay but for me, players like Wijnaldum and Anita are so used to their teams dominating games that they get totally unstuck when on the backfoot. PSV might have the odd hard game but mostly it'll be the opposition with 10 behind the ball. Now he's at NUFC it's 10 behind the ball when we attack :lol:

Not excusing him for a pathetic 2nd half of the season but he clearly doesn't know how to adapt his game

Said the same a few weeks ago. :thup: De Jong, Janmaat too, players at those clubs probably play 2-3 games a season (when PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord play each other) where they don't have the ball for 65% of the match. Mbemba and Mitrovic exactly the same in Belgium. Hoying them en masse into a team that's expected to struggle is asking for trouble. As you say, not an excuse as such but an example of the lack of thought that goes into the transfer policy. 

Clearly has the ability but not the application, has allowed the malaise around him to become the accepted norm unchallenged and a lot of us had him as captain material early in the season. It's a wonder the Dutch team are so bad right now with attitudes like this.

I agree, but if you are any sort of decent footballer than you'd have the ability to play well in any team. Chelsea were a good example under Mourinho - they often put 10 men behind the ball when they needed to in games, yet their class players still played class.

The frustrating thing is that I don't think it is down to ability with Wijnaldum, I think it's more down to the fact that he couldn't give a shit and quite clearly doesn't want to be here. Not knowing how to adapt his game doesn't cause him to amble around the pitch aimlessly for 90% of the season.

imo it's more down to attitude than ability. He's clearly a good player but since Christmas when it's looked quite clear we're stuck around the bottom 3 he's been largely anonymous. He doesn't want to know and wants to play elsewhere, a toxic mindset for the situation we're in, even worse when its one of your better players with more responsibility.