Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I can hardly believe this signing is happening.

I’ve lost faith in Tiote and Anita in the midfield, and believe it or not, when I saw Wijnaldum at the World Cup, playing in that role, I thought he’s just the player we need. We would really benefit from someone in that position who’s a bit more technical.

There’s been a fair bit of debate going on about his role, but Dutch players are trained to be versatile, and I think / hope he’s been brought in with the anchor position in mind, or maybe as one of two in a 4-2-3-1.

@PSV: Georginio Wijnaldum heeft het spelershotel in Frankrijk verlaten. PSV nadert een akkoord met Newcastle United en heeft Wijnaldum 1/2

@PSV: toestemming gegeven om zijn persoonlijke onderhandelingen af te ronden en een keuring te ondergaan. 2/2

Strange. That actually says we are approaching an agreement with PSV and they have given him permission to undergo medical and discuss personal terms, not that we have already reached an agreement with PSV.

Why is that strange? It's clear that we are so close to agree a deal that they have given him permission to talk to us.

It's strange because it means that negotiations about the fee will be very akward.

At 15M still a great deal when you think Depay was nearer £30M!!

Isn't he rated to be the better than Depay as well?

Not even close

This is reflected in the difference of depay they get.

@PSV: Georginio Wijnaldum heeft het spelershotel in Frankrijk verlaten. PSV nadert een akkoord met Newcastle United en heeft Wijnaldum 1/2

@PSV: toestemming gegeven om zijn persoonlijke onderhandelingen af te ronden en een keuring te ondergaan. 2/2

Strange. That actually says we are approaching an agreement with PSV and they have given him permission to undergo medical and discuss personal terms, not that we have already reached an agreement with PSV.

Why is that strange? It's clear that we are so close to agree a deal that they have given him permission to talk to us.

It's strange because it means that negotiations about the fee will be very akward.

I think at that point it's pretty much sorted, and just agreeing stuff like add-ons and when they kick in etc.

I agree with you. Think the actual price is sorted, or they wouldn't pull him out of the hotel and send him over for a medical.

Not even close

Only until we wijnaldum trophies.

Guest palnese

Not even close

Fuck :lol:

Not even close

I approve of this.

Almost on my levels.

Not even close

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-49afVaHHVKI/T1Sy3aNdzwI/AAAAAAAAA-A/s9iKOEfGGAg/s1600/-pun-1330818681.jpg

Alan Pardew would like to thank himself for making this signing.

Pardew said he'd never heard of Wijnaldum a few years ago.

:laugh:

Really?! You just know when we signed Cabaye he had no idea who he was. Now he can't shut up about the guy. So irritating man.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-holland-star-9158978

Enter 24-year-old PSV Eindhoven playmaker Georginio Wijnaldum, a player on the radar of Graham Carr for five years. When his name was first put to Alan Pardew back in 2012 he opined: “I’ve never heard of him.”

Not even close

Genius  :lol:

Alan Pardew would like to thank himself for making this signing.

Pardew said he'd never heard of Wijnaldum a few years ago.

:laugh:

Really?! You just know when we signed Cabaye he had no idea who he was. Now he can't shut up about the guy. So irritating man.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-holland-star-9158978

Enter 24-year-old PSV Eindhoven playmaker Georginio Wijnaldum, a player on the radar of Graham Carr for five years. When his name was first put to Alan Pardew back in 2012 he opined: “I’ve never heard of him.”

Man ... unreal isn't it.

I like the fact Carr has been looking at this guy for so long, and now is working with a manager who will be in tune with what he is seeing out there.

Pardew is such an idiot man. The signing would have been completely pointless if he was still here.

Still so grateful and thankful he is gone. Really delights me.

This season could really be a lot of fun.

Not even close

So how good is he?

Well, to my mind Memphis Depay, who is 4 years younger, is already a better player and has the potential to become Van Persie/Robben level. Wijnaldum on the other hand is what I would classify as a fairly solid squad player at international level for Holland. For me, he probably wouldn't have been a starter in Brazil, and I think he was often the weak link when he played. Probably a similar level to Cabaye and Sissoko for me.