Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM could be sold to one of three Italian teams this summer after evading suggestions that he could quit Newcastle, according to reports.

By Joe Short

PUBLISHED: 11:52, Wed, Apr 6, 2016 | UPDATED: 12:07, Wed, Apr 6, 2016

Juventus are reportedly one of three clubs interested in Georginio Wijnaldum

Dutchman Wijnaldum yesterday dodged speculation over his contract and whether or not he can leave Newcastle if they are relegated.

"Do I have a clause that I can leave if relegated? I do not give information about what is in my contract," he told Dutch publication Metro Nieuws.

Newcastle are six points from safety with just seven games remaining in the Premier League.

And fresh reports have emerged claiming three Serie A clubs are willing to rescue Wijnaldum if the Magpies go down.

Italian website calcionews24 claim Juventus, Inter Milan and Roma are all interested in the former PSV midfielder and think they can get him for a bargain fee this summer.

All three clubs are expected to strengthen this summer, with Inter and Roma in particular determined to improve their squads after both failing to challenge for the  Serie A title.

Wijnaldum, 25, cost Newcastle £14.5million when he signed a five-year contract from Eindhoven last July.

All nine of his goals for the season have come at St James' Park.

Guest reefatoon

Even if we do somehow manage to miraculously stay up, flog this absolute duffer. If we can get our money back and put it to better use then do it.

Thought his form was declining because of McClaren but he's still shit under Rafa bar for one cross that Mitrovic did tremendously well to score from. Hope he gets dropped this weekend.

Guest reefatoon

Get this anonymous cunt off the pitch, sick to death of him hiding now like. He's  fucking shit.

Guest reefatoon

He is the most anonymous midfielder I have ever seen, at least the shit players do something to remind us they are playing. This cunt just constantly positions himself behind the ref so he can't get the ball. Absolute coward. Even the ginger cunt offers more in there than him. Absolute waste.

Obviously he is a luxury player. He can't assert himself or change a game on his own but flourishes when the team plays well anf midfield bosses a game.There is certainly a player there.. we will likely see it at whichever club buys him in the summer.

Have no problem with him personally but it amazes me how easy it is for a footballer to go missing like he does.

Against West Ham he had one of the best performances I've ever seen. I'm tempted to think he is more of a victim than a perpetrators of our downfall. That said, I have no sympathy for any of these cowards.

Have no problem with him personally but it amazes me how easy it is for a footballer to go missing like he does.

Against West Ham he had one of the best performances I've ever seen. I'm tempted to think he is more of a victim than a perpetrators of our downfall. That said, I have no sympathy for any of these cowards.

When you play someone as a number 10 that has no interest in actually touching the ball then they are a perpetrator rather than victim