Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Just to weigh in on the debate.  I thought it was a red.  Clumsy and needless.  Probably not malicious.  But as others have said, his reputation precedes him.  Probably his appearance doesn't help either, as wrong as that sounds.  If he was some model looking, slick tart like Giroud.  I bet Marriner would have been more lenient. 

I don't have a problem with the red card.  I do have a problem with the consistency from game to game and from pundits, ex-refs, ex-pros etc.  Tripping over themselves to defend one act, whilst condemning another that is so similar.  Marriner was booking our players for what seemed like almost every tackle.  Whilst Arsenal players could do the same and not even get a talking to. 

On another note.  Football is embarrassing these days.  The amount of cheating, play acting and diving that goes on almost makes it unwatchable at times.  Our discipline was a bit shit, but the Arsenal players looked like they were trying out for a role in a new war film.  'Hard Man' Coquelin being the worst offender. 

It's pretty much just a brand now the PL and the shinning lights of it are protected. I see it game after game. Now that the FFP is defunct the league will go further down the toilet till there is only 2/3 clubs that can win anything.

It's pretty much just a brand now the PL and the shinning lights of it are protected. I see it game after game. Now that the FFP is defunct the league will go further down the toilet till there is only 2/3 clubs that can win anything.

Yep.  Forgot to even mention how money has ruined it.  I remember my old man commenting on it.  Saying the day someone pays £100m for a footballer, is the day it dies.  Well, we're not far off.  I remember thinking at the time he was wrong and just being a grumpy old sod.  But it's not very enjoyable when you have teams that can just use the unlimited money cheat from Football Manager and buy who they want. 

100% this.

It's turning into a procession.

100% this.

Just out of interest, and a genuine question as I don't know, but how many clubs have won the PL and cups over the years? Were there a lot of different clubs winning stuff like 10 or 20 years ago?

100% this.

Just out of interest, and a genuine question as I don't know, but how many clubs have won the PL and cups over the years? Were there a lot of different clubs winning stuff like 10 or 20 years ago?

No Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn and Man City are the only teams to have won the Premier League/Premiership (since 1992) and Blackburn was very much a one off

100% this.

Off the top of my head not so much winning it (seemed to be Liverpool) but the chances of a club coming from nowhere (ie the midlands) and winning it were much better, Derby, Forest ,Villa all won it from nowhere. Watford, Norwich , QPR all challenged in teh 70's 80's. Whats the odds now on any team without a sugar daddy doing what us or Ipswich done (getting into Europe from the league the season after promotion)...imagine Norwich finishing 3rd this season.

100% this.

No Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn and Man City are the only teams to have won the Premier League/Premiership (since 1992) and Blackburn was very much a one off

We should have been on that list still cant't believe ee threw it away.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastles-aleksandar-mitrovic-worth-more-9974944

Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic worth more than Red Devils’ Anthony Martial, says study

Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic ranked higher than Anthony Martial, John Stones, Emre Can and Calum Chambers

http://i.imgur.com/SV1Rpez.gif

In a way guess the break has come at a good time.  He can forget about this, serve his ban over the next 3 games after the break and hopefully by then the media reaction to all of this will have calmed down and he can start again.

No doubt though that the club really need to manage him well over the next 10 or so games he plays so he is getting the right press, he can kick on then.

McClaren apperantly annoyed he got booked for Serbia

Can't see him lasting long here

Quite possibly the most obvious made up story I've ever seen.

This. Why would he be more annoyed over a yellow card for Serbia than for Newcastle?  :lol:

McClaren apperantly annoyed he got booked for Serbia

Can't see him lasting long here

Quite possibly the most obvious made up story I've ever seen.

This. Why would he be more annoyed over a yellow card for Serbia than for Newcastle?  :lol:

The Express/Chronicle are to blame for reporting this.

Apparently McClaren was "fuming" due to the yellow card.

It doesn't outline the reason for his booking though, does anyone know why he was booked? Probably something daft like recurrent fouls