Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Why would you only get two seasons out of him? And what if he scores 12-15 goals a season?

this is what i'm trying to say, i mean given unlimited funds i'm sure rafa would like a player who is world class at 21 and keep him for 8 years winning every trophy going but given the circumstances i'm sure he's looking at our single-figure PL strikerforce and then looking at slimani thinking even if he only gets 2 good season out of him at +/-15 goals then by the end of that 2 seasons we'll be in a much better place and won't be giving a fuck about the fee we paid and recouping it etc.

football is incredibly transitory now

If Rafa had unlimited funds, he could pay the asking price for Slimani and get Neymar in two years as his replacement. The whole point is Rafa doesn't have unlimited funds.

Anyway, just a couple of other comparable transfers: Wilfried Bony £13 mill. Olivier Giroud 17million. Both are proven premiership players. At what point has Slimani demonstrated he is worth both of them?

Bony is a proven failure now like, not a proven PL player

What's that? He's dropped in quality as he's got older, and wasted 2 seasons on the bench at a better club? Interesting.

*edit: proven wasn't the word I was looking for, just that they've been there long enough to demonstrate what they are capable of.

Anyway, just a couple of other comparable transfers: Wilfried Bony £13 mill. Olivier Giroud 17million. Both are proven premiership players. At what point has Slimani demonstrated he is worth both of them?

Bony is wank, and Giroud was by no means a reluctant sale. Leicester paid £30m for Slimani on the back of the title and when they had cash to burn.

He's probably worth closer to £20m now, which is more than Giroud, but that was a deflated fee. I still think we'll get around the same for Mitro, but if Mitro keeps playing like this, then he could be nudging £25m and upwards.

Bony is wank, and Giroud was by no means a reluctant sale. Leicester paid £30m for Slimani on the back of the title and when they had cash to burn.

He's probably worth closer to £20m now, which is more than Giroud, but that was a deflated fee. I still think we'll get around the same for Mitro, but if Mitro keeps playing like this, then he could be nudging £25m and upwards.

I'm not debating Bony's quality, just the comparable evaluations. When has Slimani demonstrated he is worth more than Bony?

Bony is a proven failure now like, not a proven PL player

What's that? He's dropped in quality as he's got older, and wasted 2 seasons on the bench at a better club? Interesting.

*edit: proven wasn't the word I was looking for, just that they've been there long enough to demonstrate what they are capable of.

He was utter wank when he went out on loan to Stoke iirc. Swansea gambled that he would hit the same form as when he was there the first time, but he was a completely different player by then.

Why would you only get two seasons out of him? And what if he scores 12-15 goals a season?

this is what i'm trying to say, i mean given unlimited funds i'm sure rafa would like a player who is world class at 21 and keep him for 8 years winning every trophy going but given the circumstances i'm sure he's looking at our single-figure PL strikerforce and then looking at slimani thinking even if he only gets 2 good season out of him at +/-15 goals then by the end of that 2 seasons we'll be in a much better place and won't be giving a fuck about the fee we paid and recouping it etc.

football is incredibly transitory now

If Rafa had unlimited funds, he could pay the asking price for Slimani and get Neymar in two years as his replacement. The whole point is Rafa doesn't have unlimited funds.

bony was £13m before insane transfer fees (he's still on loan right?) and the giroud fee was heavily deflated for whatever reason - giroud is a £40-50m at striker PL fees imho

anyway the point was about transitioning - how much did sane, martial, gabriel jesus etc. cost?  they're examples of young players who were good enough to hit the ground running in the PL and who might stay at your club +5 years

we're not there yet, hell even son cost spurs +£20m and he was dodgy as fuck his first season for example

the point being as elliotman said who gives a shit if we sell mitro and spend the cash on slimani if we go on to improve as a team and a club?  that's all that matters...mitro will go and i wish the lad luck, hope he becomes a world beater personally

Fair enough, for me Fulham is one of the few clubs I don't actively dislike. Very non-offensive club.

Couldn't agree more. All round decent club with a nice ground to visit. They also play decent football nowadays so would be a welcome addition.