Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

If anything it's a positive that he was so desperate to take the pen, or am I missing something?

Nope.

People are just wanting a bit of drama over nothing. There'd still be people complaining if Mitro was shying away from taking the penalty.

Penalty incident spoiled a great night.  I think Mitro normally takes the penalty when he's playing but I wasn't impressed with the attitude of Ritchie.  Grear player but I could imagine him being a nasty little git and could become a bad apple in the dressing room if allowed to.  I wonder if that's why Bournemouth let him go?

Strange post

Penalty incident spoiled a great night.  I think Mitro normally takes the penalty when he's playing but I wasn't impressed with the attitude of Ritchie.  Grear player but I could imagine him being a nasty little git and could become a bad apple in the dressing room if allowed to.  I wonder if that's why Bournemouth let him go?

Absolutely incredible.

Don't know why he was so desperate for the pen, he is a bit of a weird bloke. Not a big deal though.

How is it weird? It's his job to score goals. This was his chance to impress Rafa and prove a point, you could tell he was desperate to get a hattrick.

Not too sure what your logic is here?

Wasn't he only on one goal when the pen was given? Just assume there's already a penalty taker defined before the match. Anyway, like I said not a big deal.

If he was on a hat trick I could maybe see why but if Ritchie is the designated penatly taker then no complaints at all. Rooney got slated big time by Owen last week for giving up his penatly duties. Good to have people wanting to step up IMO.

If he was on a hat trick I could maybe see why but if Ritchie is the designated penatly taker then no complaints at all. Rooney got slated big time by Owen last week for giving up his penatly duties. Good to have people wanting to step up IMO.

Tbf it's easy to take a penalty when you're up 3-0. No pressure

who was that preston player with the dreds down to his waist? mitro was challenging in him at the gallowgate end in the second half and pulled one of his dredlocks.

for a second i thought the ref had seen it and was gonna give him a second yellow.

It was only 2-0 at the time mind and Mitrovic took a pressure penalty against Man Utd and Norwich last season

who was that preston player with the dreds down to his waist? mitro was challenging in him at the gallowgate end in the second half and pulled one of his dredlocks.

for a second i thought the ref had seen it and was gonna give him a second yellow.

Young lad sat behind us: "they've got a girl playing for them!"

The problem with the penalty struggle is it puts unnecessary pressure on the penalty taker. Fortunately the game was fairly comfortable and the taker converted the penalty. It's when the circumstances are different it becomes a problem (see Lamella/Spurs) so those advocating it's not a problem at all are being a little short sighted.

It was only 2-0 at the time mind and Mitrovic took a pressure penalty against Man Utd and Norwich last season

Aye sorry 2-0 but game over at the time either way. It wasn't a slight against Mitrovic, just that it's easy to "step up" to take a penalty when the game is over so no point reading anything into it

I see it exactly like this as well. :thup: Well put.

way to find some negatives from a 6-0 win :lol:

He wasn't nasty about it at all though. He wanted to take the penalty and asked Ritchie. Ritchie said no and he pleaded with him.

It did put unnecessary pressure on Ritchie like, but there was no nastiness from Mitro at all. Everything we've seen of him shows him as a big kid, not a cunt.

He looks like he's really easy to get on with.

EDIT: Actually you're talking about Ritchie, never mind. He does seem a bit of a radge packet like, I doubt he's that bad off the pitch though.

:lol: I can't think of anything to write in reply to this shambles.

As well as Gayle has done, I honestly believe we would be even more of a threat if Mitro was first choice. Gayle's skill set is different it's all about pace and finishing. Mitro doesn't have that pace of course but he has a lot more power and works very hard (I think that's often forgotten).

Clearly it's unlikely that Rafa will ever play them both together and even having said that, I'm not advocating a change. Gayle deserves to be first choice right now, it's a system that's working, so why mess with it ?

I just hope that we can keep Mitro happy enough, there's huge potential there and long term the guy could be a legend here if Rafa continues to work on him and his game.

Why did Bournemouth offer to double his wages before he signed for us then?