Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

As well as Gayle has done, I honestly believe we would be even more of a threat if Mitro was first choice. Gayle's skill set is different it's all about pace and finishing. Mitro doesn't have that pace of course but he has a lot more power and works very hard (I think that's often forgotten).

Clearly it's unlikely that Rafa will ever play them both together and even having said that, I'm not advocating a change. Gayle deserves to be first choice right now, it's a system that's working, so why mess with it ?

I just hope that we can keep Mitro happy enough, there's huge potential there and long term the guy could be a legend here if Rafa continues to work on him and his game.

I'd need to see how Mitro does against a full strength team before coming to that conclusion.

As well as Gayle has done, I honestly believe we would be even more of a threat if Mitro was first choice. Gayle's skill set is different it's all about pace and finishing. Mitro doesn't have that pace of course but he has a lot more power and works very hard (I think that's often forgotten).

Clearly it's unlikely that Rafa will ever play them both together and even having said that, I'm not advocating a change. Gayle deserves to be first choice right now, it's a system that's working, so why mess with it ?

I just hope that we can keep Mitro happy enough, there's huge potential there and long term the guy could be a legend here if Rafa continues to work on him and his game.

I'd need to see how Mitro does against a full strength team before coming to that conclusion.

Best we have played all season was probably QPR away. 

Small sample size so far, granted.  But Mitro looks more suited to playing up on his own, than Gayle.  Nice problem to have.  Gayle is scoring regularly, Mitro is contributing when called upon.  I'm sure he'll get a chance due to injury, suspension or rotation. 

People can honestly come up with some total bullshit to try and spin a negative on this lad, for absolutely no reason like.

He had a great match last night - scored two (including a goal that if Gayle scored it, people would be spuffing over it for weeks) and was a constant menace all night, yet people focus on the very minor and completely irrelevant points.

There was nothing in the penalty incident other than two people wanting to score. He got over it within about 30 seconds.

He can never win with a section of our support who have a clear dislike for him with absolutely no justification.

He put to bed a few myths last night, there was nothing wrong with his pace and he was a lot quicker than I thought he is, he scored a good goal with his head and he showed great composure/finishing with his 2nd.

It really did look like he was crying over the penalty incident. :lol: I'm frightened over what his celebration would've been if he'd got a third, probably would've speared someone.

Don`t know if its been mentioned, only went back 2-3 pages but I was shitting it in case Mitro did get a hat trick. I could see him taking his shirt off for the second time, getting a second yellow and off.

People can honestly come up with some total bullshit to try and spin a negative on this lad, for absolutely no reason like.

He had a great match last night - scored two (including a goal that if Gayle scored it, people would be spuffing over it for weeks) and was a constant menace all night, yet people focus on the very minor and completely irrelevant points.

There was nothing in the penalty incident other than two people wanting to score. He got over it within about 30 seconds.

He can never win with a section of our support who have a clear dislike for him with absolutely no justification.

He put to bed a few myths last night, there was nothing wrong with his pace and he was a lot quicker than I thought he is, he scored a good goal with his head and he showed great composure/finishing with his 2nd.

His lack of pace and poor finishing in general wasn't a myth ffs :spit:

Lack of pace, no - but some people describing him as if he runs through glue is a myth aye.

Poor finishing? He's started two games this season (Cheltenham not included as he was off the pitch with a knock to the head) and scored three goals... Terrible finishing.

Anyone know his conversion rate this season? I'd stab a guess that it's higher than Perez, Gayle and Diame.

Lack of pace, no - but some people describing him as if he runs through glue is a myth aye.

Poor finishing? He's started two games this season (Cheltenham not included as he was off the pitch with a knock to the head) and scored three goals... Terrible finishing.

Anyone know his conversion rate this season? I'd stab a guess that it's higher than Perez, Gayle and Diame.

Ignoring last season then which is when everyone was judging his poor finishing on?

Ignoring last season then which is when everyone was judging his poor finishing on?

Didn't say that at all, but we judge a player based on the current form do we not?

Is Vardy a s*** player because he scored next to f*** all in his first season in the Premier League? Or is he allowed the opportunity to adjust to a new level?

Vardy's first season in the PL:

26 starts, 8 sub appearances

2247 minutes of football

5 goals

Mitrovic's first season in the PL:

22 starts, 12 sub appearances

2117 minutes of football

9 goals

Could find similar stats for millions of players (especially foreign) during the first year in the PL.

Didn't say that at all, but we judge a player based on the current form do we not?

Is Vardy a shit player because he scored next to fuck all in his first season in the Premier League? Or is he allowed the opportunity to adjust to a new level?

Well he hasn't played enough this season to judge whether his finishing has improved. He's not a shit player either way like

Is Vardy a s*** player because he scored next to f*** all in his first season in the Premier League? Or is he allowed the opportunity to adjust to a new level?

Well he hasn't played enough this season to judge whether his finishing has improved. He's not a s*** player either way like

Something we agree on.

Ritchie was on Talksport today and he said he thinks the world of Mitro and Ritchie is the clubs penalty taker so he took it, he hinted that Rafa would not have been too pleased if he handed the pen to Mitro. There are no negatives to be taken from the incident, its just a professional footballer acting professional.

1: 20 years old

2: New league

3: Shit manager

4: New shit team

5: Thrown in straight away

6: Pressure

He was never gonna hit the ground running straight away and as he wasn't able to perform to the level everyone expected his confidence obviously went to shit and after that happens it can take a while before you're back to perform at the level you potentially can. I'm not sure how many of you play or have played football at a decent level, but when your confidence is down and nothing clicks then you start thinking too much and when a chance comes you kind of feel insecure and even before you've touched the ball you almost know that you will miss and that's what usually happens then. He has a lot to prove and hasn't done anything yet really, but i've always had belief in him and thought that his time will come, and that his finishing will improve as he gains more confidence and experience. Hopefully i'm right.

It all went wrong from the beginning, we never should have needed to rely on a 20 year old in new league going in as 1st choice more or less straight away. I really like him and i think he has a bright future and hopefully that will be at this club :thup: time will tell..

As if people have anything of note to say about the pen thing :lol:

55 mins and Ritchie wallops the pen in, Mitro goes over to him to apologise and celebrate. Less than two minutes later Mitro scores that class goal and Ritchie celebrates with him. Like fuck is it worth anything more than a passing comment ffs.

He was never gonna hit the ground running straight away and as he wasn't able to perform to the level everyone expected his confidence obviously went to shit and after that happens it can take a while before you're back to perform at the level you potentially can. I'm not sure how many of you play or have played football at a decent level, but when your confidence is down and nothing clicks then you start thinking too much and when a chance comes you kind of feel insecure and even before you've touched the ball you almost know that you will miss and that's what usually happens then. He has a lot to prove and hasn't done anything yet really, but i've always had belief in him and thought that his time will come, and that his finishing will improve as he gains more confidence and experience. Hopefully i'm right.

It all went wrong from the beginning, we never should have needed to rely on a 20 year old in new league going in as 1st choice more or less straight away. I really like him and i think he has a bright future and hopefully that will be at this club :thup: time will tell..

Even if he doesn't make it here, the last year and a half have been a total embarrassment from some like. It's not often you get a player who clearly genuinely cares like he does yet some are desperate for him to fail.

I'm not even sure why he's barely put a foot wrong other than Spurs.

Even if he doesn't make it here, the last year and a half have been a total embarrassment from some like. It's not often you get a player who clearly genuinely cares like he does yet some are desperate for him to fail.

I'm not even sure why he's barely put a foot wrong other than Spurs.

I don't think he cares any more than most of our players

I never said he did. Everyone's pulling in the same direction and I cannot think of a player who doesn't look on board at the minute.

Mitrovic has always had people on his back though and he's never looked like he's going to half arse it, last season or now.

EDIT: basically even last season, when we clearly couldn't be arsed, he never hid or shirked his responsibility. He wasn't ready but he still battled away to the best he could up top.