Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

f*** off with the accusation of people desperate for him to fail. f***ing ridiculous.

Err, it happened though. You cannot put so much vitriolic effort into slagging a player off and be fine with being proven wrong like. It's not how humans work.

I'm not saying you did, but I'm assuming you've slagged him off in the past giving your touchy reaction.

But your comment didn't touch a nerve with me personally - just that I found it ridiculous that some fans would resort to accusing fellows fans of such thing.

Aye because UncleBingo doesn't come into the thread all the time calling him a lumbering idiot, we need to get rid, should have signed Austin instead etc. That other lad who's been obsessed with calling him 'Misstrovic' ever since he arrived obviously secretly wants him to do well too. Neesy who 'hates his personality' and said he was s**** after the Norwich game must also be keen for him to make it here? In fairness to Neesy like he's a canny reactionary lad after/during the game :lol:

Still though there's been a lot of pretty clear hatred for him probably since his red against Arsenal. I absolutely wanted Colback to fail when he arrived as I'd already made my bed (I actually kind of like the lad now). Ian wants the country to burn to the ground just to prove he didn't pick the wrong side on the referendum. People do need their opinions vindicated like, it is human nature. This doesn't mean that if you've slagged him off in the past that you want him to fail, I just know for a fact some people did and a few probably still do.

I think I've called him a lumbering oaf twice, and questioned his finishing on a few occasions, and based on the vast majority of his performances I haven't been wrong. My main gripe was I just didn't get the cult hero status, as I don't think he'd done anything you earn it.

He played really well the other night and long may it continue, he will be an asset for us if he can perform like that every week.

Desperate for him to fail, wind yer neck in will you.

Some of what you've said about the (at the time) 21 year old Mitrovic during and after his first season in English football:

I said about a month ago that Mitrovic was another one of 'Carr's duffers' and was shouted down as a WUM.

Useless fat c***.

Said this back in August.

We would have been comfortably in midtable by now if we'd had Austin instead of this fat pudding.

Keeps on missing very presentable chances and looks incredibly slow.

It might upset a few on here but I think he's a pudding. Should have bought Austin.

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Mitro's a trier, your defence is mildly perturbed.

We need to forget about this lumbering oaf, and bring a proper striker in.

Mitrovic is a bad tempered, profligate, lumbering, fat pudding and should be nowhere near the number 9 shirt.

Quite frankly, he's not fit to lick it's boots.

Lest we forget he almost single-handedly relegated us with his dog shit finishing.

I prefer Shitrovic myself.

I'm not going to mention his finishing but all he had to do for the 15 minutes he was on yesterday, was put their centre halves under a bit of pressure, and hold the ball up when it came to him. Two basic aspects of the game your average Sunday League striker shouldn't struggle with.

His half-arsed trotting around, and ludicrous back heel attempt was fucking shocking for a bloke on the sort of money he's on. I doubt the other players and manager were very impressed either.

Wind yer neck in.

So basically... anyone who criticizes a player for being crap for a particularly crap period has no right to then say comment on change, if it occurs? I think you need to take a step back and realize most of us here support NUFC and want the club to do well, regardless of sometimes over-the-top, feelings-runneth-over comments directed at some players who haven't performed as well as they could or should have, for a variety of reasons.

So basically... anyone who criticizes a player for being crap for a particularly crap period has no right to then say comment on change, if it occurs? I think you need to take a step back and realize most of us here support NUFC and want the club to do well, regardless of sometimes over-the-top, feelings-runneth-over comments directed at some players who haven't performed as well as they could or should have, for a variety of reasons.

Are you being wilfully thick?

Yes, the Ronaldo school of jumping to personal insults immediately when someone makes an opposing comment.

You've just lost all credibility.

Yes, the Ronaldo school of jumping to personal insults immediately when someone makes an opposing comment.

Because you're talking absolute shite and had completely ignored everything I'd said. Like I'd suggested anything close to that in bold man. I cannot be arsed.

Because you're talking absolute shite and had completely ignored everything I'd said. I cannot be arsed.

Neither can I. Carry on.

Cannot be arsed anyway, pretty clear difference between criticising a player playing poorly and the over the top vitriol spewed at certain players at certain times. I know for a fact it happens and it'll be pretty much impossible to convince me otherwise.

:thup:

Cannot be arsed anyway, pretty clear difference between criticising a player playing poorly and the over the top vitriol spewed at certain players at certain times. I know for a fact it happens and it'll be pretty much impossible to convince me otherwise.

Yep, I'm with Hans on this one.

Thing is, I don't take this "over the top vitriol" he mentions seriously. All the "Misstrovic" and "Jack Dracula Colback" posts are to be taken in jest, not at face value as if the person has a fucking poster of Colback or Mitro in their home they use as a dart board. People need to fucking calm down and put down the pitchforks. Do we have to suffer through this all over again if / when Colback turns into a worldbeater?

Some of what you've said about the (at the time) 21 year old Mitrovic during and after his first season in English football:

I said about a month ago that Mitrovic was another one of 'Carr's duffers' and was shouted down as a WUM.

Useless fat c***.

Said this back in August.

We would have been comfortably in midtable by now if we'd had Austin instead of this fat pudding.

Keeps on missing very presentable chances and looks incredibly slow.

It might upset a few on here but I think he's a pudding. Should have bought Austin.

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Mitro's a trier, your defence is mildly perturbed.

We need to forget about this lumbering oaf, and bring a proper striker in.

Mitrovic is a bad tempered, profligate, lumbering, fat pudding and should be nowhere near the number 9 shirt.

Quite frankly, he's not fit to lick it's boots.

Lest we forget he almost single-handedly relegated us with his dog s*** finishing.

I prefer Shitrovic myself.

I'm not going to mention his finishing but all he had to do for the 15 minutes he was on yesterday, was put their centre halves under a bit of pressure, and hold the ball up when it came to him. Two basic aspects of the game your average Sunday League striker shouldn't struggle with.

His half-arsed trotting around, and ludicrous back heel attempt was f***ing shocking for a bloke on the sort of money he's on. I doubt the other players and manager were very impressed either.

Wind yer neck in.

So any criticism of players mean you want them to fail?

There's always different cirumstances to each player when you think of the possible reasons why a player has or hasn't performed. To me there's quite a few when it comes to Mitrovic, and that's why i've always been behind him and had the belief that he will come good within time. He still has a lot to prove as he hasn't done anything yet (relatively) but i'm absolutely certain that he will come good and i've always been, and time will tell if it's here or somewhere else, or anywhere at all. I've been annoyed about some things about Mitro as well, but sometimes you have to have a bigger perspective of why a certain player hasn't performed and that's the reason i haven't gone overboard saying bad stuff about and against him. One thing i've struggled to understand is how some people have/had written him off even in this division despite barely getting a kick so far, and that's just ridiculous.

Mitrovic was pleased, then, to push his claims with two goals against Preston North End in the League Cup on Tuesday.

“It was good night for me,” he commented. “It was a long time since I started a game so I was happy to start and to get two goals. They were nice goals.

“I could have had one or two more but it doesn’t matter. My job is to score and create goals, I am happy.

“It’s not been easy for me as a striker because you have Dwight Gayle who is scoring every game. I say I love Dwight, I like him a lot as a person and as a player. I will keep going and that’s all I keep saying.

“I am working hard. If you are a good player you have to push yourself until you get your chance. I am doing that. I hope that when I get my next chance I will score and do well again.”

“This is the reason I came to this great club,” said Mitrovic of the fans’ reaction. “It’s unbelievable, especially when you score here. My heart is full for this club, I couldn’t be happier when I score goals for these fans and this club.

“When you hear the whole stadium sing your name it really is unbelievable. I have heard them sing ‘Mitro’s on Fire’ and it really is unbelievable. I have not felt like this for a long time.

“I had really good fans behind me at a really big club like Anderlecht and Partizan as well. But here you get 52,000, when you were a boy you dream about things like this.

“I have scored goals for Partizan, Anderlecht and now here, all three clubs are amazing. But when 52,000 people sing your name you have to be on the pitch to feel this. It is unbelievable.”

“Matt was down to take it first,” Mitrovic said of the spot kick. “I asked him if I could try to score. It was nothing. It was Matt. I just fancied my chance.

“He scored a good penalty. It was nothing. As long as we are scoring goals it doesn’t matter who scores.”

Mentioned this before but the reason some people strongly dislike him is as a reaction to other people's over the top hero worship of him. I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle of the two ends but I understand why people don't like him. Both sides of the argument react to things way over the top like. I personally will reserve judgement on him until we get back into the Premier League as I think he's clearly a very good player at this level

I can understand why people don't like him oh field either in style or temperament but for a foreigner moving to city he clearly gets it and that's not something to be scoffed at.

Yeah that interview posted above is pretty much what you want to hear from your players. He seems to clearly love it here, perfect fit if he can produce on the pitch regularly. I can understand why fans take to him, it was similar for Bellamy when he was here. A bit of a nut case but fit the stage perfectly.