Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I think that we all want him to do well, but sometimes when he's been given the chance he just.. hasn't. Obviously there are a load of factors for this, such as age, the team last year, tactics, adaptation to a new country & league etc. but he wouldn't be the first player to look fairly average and then kick on a year or so later.

Andy Carroll didn't become a proper fan favourite and score for fun until we bought Leon Best.

Andy Carroll didn't become a proper fan favourite and score for fun until we bought Leon Best.

Or when we started playing 2 wingers (after signing Routledge) and ditched playing a DM. Take your pic which is more responsible.

Clue: it wasn't signing Leon Best.

Or when we started playing 2 wingers (after signing Routledge) and ditched playing a DM. Take your pic which is more responsible.

Clue: it wasn't signing Leon Best.

So it's only one or the other? Incidentally you know that I'm not saying that Leon Best caused Andy Carroll to improve, so why go out of your way to reply with such a suggestion? Weird.

I think that we all want him to do well, but sometimes when he's been given the chance he just.. hasn't. Obviously there are a load of factors for this, such as age, the team last year, tactics, adaptation to a new country & league etc. but he wouldn't be the first player to look fairly average and then kick on a year or so later.

Until Christmas of our last Championship season I was really wanting Ranger to start as Carroll was looking a bit luke warm at best.

Hoiw wrong I was!

Fuck off with the accusation of people desperate for him to fail. Fucking ridiculous.

Err, it happened though. You cannot put so much vitriolic effort into slagging a player off and be fine with being proven wrong like. It's not how humans work.

I'm not saying you did, but I'm assuming you've slagged him off in the past giving your touchy reaction.

Fuck off with the accusation of people desperate for him to fail. Fucking ridiculous.

Err, it happened though. You cannot put so much vitriolic effort into slagging a player off and be fine with being proven wrong like. It's not how humans work.

I'm not saying you did, but I'm assuming you've slagged him off in the past giving your touchy reaction.

I've given him criticism, yes. So fucking what? I don't think it was over the top at all.

But your comment didn't touch a nerve with me personally - just that I found it ridiculous that some fans would resort to accusing fellows fans of such thing.

And no, I don't think it's human nature, btw. I'm sure it's only a limited number of people that genuinely feel bothered about him proving them wrong.

But your comment didn't touch a nerve with me personally - just that I found it ridiculous that some fans would resort to accusing fellows fans of such thing.

Aye because UncleBingo doesn't come into the thread all the time calling him a lumbering idiot, we need to get rid, should have signed Austin instead etc. That other lad who's been obsessed with calling him 'Misstrovic' ever since he arrived obviously secretly wants him to do well too. Neesy who 'hates his personality' and said he was shite after the Norwich game must also be keen for him to make it here? In fairness to Neesy like he's a canny reactionary lad after/during the game :lol:

Still though there's been a lot of pretty clear hatred for him probably since his red against Arsenal. I absolutely wanted Colback to fail when he arrived as I'd already made my bed (I actually kind of like the lad now). Ian wants the country to burn to the ground just to prove he didn't pick the wrong side on the referendum. People do need their opinions vindicated like, it is human nature. This doesn't mean that if you've slagged him off in the past that you want him to fail, I just know for a fact some people did and a few probably still do.

Aye because UncleBingo doesn't come into the thread all the time calling him a lumbering idiot, we need to get rid, should have signed Austin instead etc. That other lad who's been obsessed with calling him 'Misstrovic' ever since he arrived obviously secretly wants him to do well too. Neesy who 'hates his personality' and said he was shite after the Norwich game must also be keen for him to make it here? In fairness to Neesy like he's a canny reactionary lad after/during the game :lol:

Still though there's been a lot of pretty clear hatred for him probably since his red against Arsenal. I absolutely wanted Colback to fail when he arrived as I'd already made my bed (I actually kind of like the lad now). Ian wants the country to burn to the ground just to prove he didn't pick the wrong side on the referendum. People do need their opinions vindicated like, it is human nature. This doesn't mean that if you've slagged him off in the past that you want him to fail, I just know for a fact some people did and a few probably still do.

:lol: fucking ian man

Honestly though if I'm being honest, there's nowt even wrong with it. Just about everyone is like that arent they? :lol:

I'm only bringing Ian up because he actually admits to it :lol:

Obviously he doesn't really want the world to end, or for there to even be any real, tangible negative effects of leaving Europe, but he doesn't want to see the smug reaction of the leave side knowing they were right. And obviously 'craves' the satisfaction of seeing them realise that they're wrong.

That's what I mean with people desperate for Mitrovic to fail. It's more of a desperation to have their opinions vindicated, and the opposing argument to look foolish.

i agree with hans, i think a fair few people here and irl judged mitro early doors and that's it for them...unless he turns into shearer and starts belting in 20+ he'll never be good enough for some people despite the fact the £12m (14) we paid for him is a fucking pittance in this day and age and he's ridiculously young with plenty of time to come good

I worried about his finishing, nothing to do with hatred or wanting him to fail, just need to see him stick a few more away like the second against Preston. That was a striker's goal, and the first time I've seen him show some real composure with the ball one on one.

I worried about his finishing, nothing to do with hatred or wanting him to fail, just need to see him stick a few more away like the second against Preston. That was a striker's goal, and the first time I've seen him show some real composure with the ball one on one.

He looked sharper than he has since Man Utd (?). On and off the ball.

I'm sure he had a few good moments running with the ball as well as a not too embarrassing turn of pace during that game too.

I think the main hurdle for Mitro is going to be Rafa fwiw. He likes to play a lone striker and a mobile one at that who can get behind defenders. That said, if you ignore the pace aspect, his hold up play could definitely be a plus in a formation with a single striker so there's plenty of possibilities if he can keep hitting the net.

How anyone can say "never" i can't understand. Rafa probably prefers a striker like Gayle to be fair, but if Gayle has a period where he's not playing well and not scoring and Mitro gets the chance and grabs it with two hands and starts banging them in like never before then i'm sure that Rafa wont bench him just for the sake of it..

This was aimed at Klaus before he deleted his post.

I think the main hurdle for Mitro is going to be Rafa fwiw. He likes to play a lone striker and a mobile one at that who can get behind defenders. That said, if you ignore the pace aspect, his hold up play could definitely be a plus in a formation with a single striker so there's plenty of possibilities if he can keep hitting the net.

I don't think the pace thing is much of a problem if Atsu and Ritchie are on the wings tbh, although i don't consider the whole thing an issue either way. Rafa has two strikers who seem to be impacting the team in positive ways and they are both competing for the same spot.

Can only be a good thing really and Mitrovic doesn't seem to have any complaints at least publicly.