Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Time to find another club,my old man.You are too much good player to be unused sub...or to be mascote for NUFC fans.Still so much you can give to some other club and Serbia

Just 1 question for others...What if Gayle pick up an injury or be sold on january?Other stars fleed after  first good ofer from Premiere ligue.

Fair questions, but Mitro hasn't done enough in front of goal to justify the hefty price tag or compare his record to Gayle's (so far). We all know he has bags of potential, is young, new to (now two) foreign leagues, etc. And we know he brings a different aspect to our game. All his positive and negative attributes have been discussed to death here. If he were to leave, it won't be a great loss. I hope he stays and carves a place out for himself, but that's all upto Rafa.

You missing a point.From the start of the season NUFC depends just on form and performance of 1 player.Gayle.If his form start to drop or he get hit by an injury everybody will expect miracles from other strickers who didnt made 200 min all together from the start of the season

If we have comfort 2:0 in 70 min why Rafa dont give a chance to another striker?...or you expect if something happen to Gayle Diame will score 2,3 goals every match?

Time to find another club,my old man.You are too much good player to be unused sub...or to be mascote for NUFC fans.Still so much you can give to some other club and Serbia

Just 1 question for others...What if Gayle pick up an injury or be sold on january?Other stars fleed after  first good ofer from Premiere ligue.

Fair questions, but Mitro hasn't done enough in front of goal to justify the hefty price tag or compare his record to Gayle's (so far). We all know he has bags of potential, is young, new to (now two) foreign leagues, etc. And we know he brings a different aspect to our game. All his positive and negative attributes have been discussed to death here. If he were to leave, it won't be a great loss. I hope he stays and carves a place out for himself, but that's all upto Rafa.

You missing a point.From the start of the season NUFC depends just on form and performance of 1 player.Gayle.If his form start to drop or he get hit by an injury everybody will expect miracles from other strickers who didnt made 200 min all together from the start of the season

If we have comfort 2:0 in 70 min why Rafa dont give a chance to another striker?...or you expect if something happen to Gayle Diame will score 2,3 goals every match?

If Rafa fancied him, he'd have been on the pitch when the game was won v brentford and barnlsey, he didn't appear in either, which is pretty telling.

If Rafa fancied him, he'd have been on the pitch when the game was won v brentford and barnlsey, he didn't appear in either, which is pretty telling.

Yes,that is time for him to leave.No matter of his love for the club,if this continue...

Yes,that is time for him to leave.No matter of his love for the club,if this continue...

I think he'll be down the road by this time next year.

Next week Lovejoy tells us that Dwight Gayle needs to start scoring goals if he's to surpass the half dozen mark this season.

He doesn't win anywhere near enough headers for his size,certainly not enough to become the 'outlet'  you talk of. That more clear?

Watch the villa footage, see how many he wins to justify being brought on 'because they were killing us in the air'. From the stands, I counted 0. Could be wrong.

He's not even THAT big though, he's certainly not a towering centre forward.

He wins a lot and forces mistakes from defenders by generally giving them a hard time, he's certainly not Andy Carroll but saying he isn't a good outlet for us up top is one of the most ludicrous critiques of a player I've ever read on here.

I can understand why people aren't that keen on Mitro.  But at least use valid points to back up your reasoning :lol:

Which point isn't valid? Do you think rafa trusts him? How was he against villa? Am I wrong about him being offside for the winner against Norwich?

He came on and made a joke of Bassong against Norwich, playing a massive part in both goals with Shelvey picking him out in the air just outside the box. For the equaliser he also dragged Bassong away from Gouffran who was left with a free header.

Of all the matches to have chosen to criticise him on, the one where he massively helped us to win the game with his power in the air probably wasn't the best choice.

EDIT: Catching up a bit with the thread. How you could have only seen the Sky footage from the Norwich game and come to the conclusion that he nearly lost us the game is beyond me like. You literally only watched him play a huge part in creating 2 goals.

EDIT 2: He was nowhere near being flagged for the winner (which he set up), unless we're to assume Gayle was going to banana curl it with the outside of his left boot around him and the defenders into the top right corner, in which case he might have impeded play. He pulls offside for a second (which you are allowed to do btw), tobably to get out the way of the impending strike, and is a good yard away from their defender and about 7 yards ahead of the keeper and to his left. If the ball comes his way it's hitting the corner flag.

I can understand why people aren't that keen on Mitro.  But at least use valid points to back up your reasoning :lol:

Which point isn't valid? Do you think rafa trusts him? How was he against villa? Am I wrong about him being offside for the winner against Norwich?

Saying he cost us against Villa, doesn't win headers, some bullshit about Norwich. 

A possible offside and a fairly poor cameo against Villa.  Quick, throw him under the bus.  He's s***.

If you wanted to point to his lack of composure and pace.  Then I'd tend to agree.  But you're not.  You're talking s***.

i haven't even got to those points, my villa point was a reaction to someone claiming he came on 'as we were getting battered in the air', something he did the square root of f*** all to change, and if thats is what he is going to be used for, then he needs to win more in the air, because he currently doesn't.

What are you onabout man :lol:

He isn't going to single highhandedly stop us from getting humped in the fucking air, is he? He's not Mats Hummels.

That's likely why he was brought on though, he has a far better chance of winning a defensive header that fucking Dwight Gayle who he replaced. And he's a better target to hit to release us of pressure at the other end. Just because Villa continued to rape us in the air doesn't mean Mitrovic is undeniably shite and can't header or hold onto a ball :lol:

It's not gonna be over by Christmas, not even then ffs :lol:

If he can't get in to the team in the championship then he's never going to get the chance in the prem. If Gayle has been number one all that time then he's scoring for fun and Rafa won't change it, if so its more likely Perez in his place than Mitrovic.

So come Christmas and he's still not starting games then what's going to change between then and May? Come next season were going to suddenly start playing with a striker in his mould?

He will get his chances to prove his worth. Gayle won't play every game.

No, Perez will start them, he's more like Gayle than mitrovic. I had hoped buying Murphy meant we had two target men in mitrovic and Murphy, with Murphy backup whilst Gayle and Perez fought it out for the partnership...but it's one striker up top and it's been pretty much that from the start, I don't think it'll change at all this season.

I really want him to be a success for us, he needs a run in the side to get into gear. He's always on the whole impressed me on the pitch, yes he's missed a few chances here and ther (but which striker hasn't ?) and his discipline is a big issue but he is still very young and has plenty a time on his hands to develop.

However clearly Rafa doesn't see a place here for him, he doesn't seem to fit the way he wants to play, maybe  that stance may change over time, maybe the words Saivet used when he left that rafa told him the championship wasn't a place for foreigners, also applies to Mitro. But if he just doesn't fancy him, then better for both parties that we move on.

He will get his chances to prove his worth. Gayle won't play every game.

No, Perez will start them, he's more like Gayle than mitrovic. I had hoped buying Murphy meant we had two target men in mitrovic and Murphy, with Murphy backup whilst Gayle and Perez fought it out for the partnership...but it's one striker up top and it's been pretty much that from the start, I don't think it'll change at all this season.

Can't see Perez playing up top on his own, TBH.  If Gayle got injured/suspended.  I expect Mitro will start up top, with Perez behind him.  Two of our best attacking performances in the last couple of seasons have come with that front pairing playing. 

He's no use to us if our manager doesn't trust him enough to play him regularly or in important games, and whenever he gets a chance he validates Rafa's reservations.  If things are going badly, he lashes out, puts in stupid tackles and risks getting us down to ten or picking up suspensions through bookings.  If things are going well he's getting bookings for his celebrations, chokeslamming and clotheslining players after they score (including when he's not even on the pitch) and putting undue pressure on the person taking a penalty by throwing a tantrum and saying he should take it.  If he's got any value and anyone's daft enough to take him, ship him out and replace him with someone useful.