Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Someone like Mitrovic needs to play regularly to build up form and consistency. He's not an impact player or someone who can just come into the side and score goals or have an impact. I don't rate the lad, but I'm not going to criticise him for having a poor game when he rarely gets a game. It's not easy and it's clear to me at least Rafa just doesn't trust him and he has no future here long-term. The only reason he is still here is for squad depth reasons. He'll be gone in the summer if Rafa remains as manager.

exactly what i said, this is probably the worst possible use for someone like him

Someone like Mitrovic needs to play regularly to build up form and consistency. He's not an impact player or someone who can just come into the side and score goals or have an impact. I don't rate the lad, but I'm not going to criticise him for having a poor game when he rarely gets a game. It's not easy and it's clear to me at least Rafa just doesn't trust him and he has no future here long-term. The only reason he is still here is for squad depth reasons. He'll be gone in the summer if Rafa remains as manager.

I agree with this and in addition I reckon you'd see the best of him if you played him in a  two with his partner feeding off him. Never going to happen with Rafa here so we should cut our losses despite me thinking he'll turn out to be a good centre forward in the future.

Guest Howaythetoon

We don't exist just to help Mitrovic's career progression.

100%

But... he did cost a lot of money and hasn't perhaps been used effectively by Rafa which would indeed get the best out of him. That said, if it is at the cost of what Rafa wants, its a no brainer. I'd like to see us give him and Gayle when fit a run of 10 games together in this division, I think we would seriously damage the opposition.

You could also break it down with the fact Misstro has scored a total of 3 games this season, out of his 18 appearances.

4 of his 5 goals were in 2 games against Preston, the other in a 6-0 win v QPR.

You could certainly break it down like that if you wanted a negative spin. In 9 of those 18 games he played less than 15 minutes.

I like Mitro. Have done since he signed. Make no apologies for the fact this is influenced by having a touch of the radgie about him and his apparent passion (seemingly derided by many pashun snipes; fwiw I also really want Geordies in the team whenever they're good enough, a desire which equally oddly also seems to be ridiculed at times).

I can't help thinking though that he's 'shot his bolt'/may have had his last chance. Let's face it, if you can't force your way into the team in the Championship and don't take the chances you get, a manager like Rafa is not going to put his faith in you. I get he's been unfortunate (Gayle's form and being injured at the same time as Gayle) but he is old enough and experienced enough to be delivering now. I know it is a super car vs saloon comparison but Gabriel Jesus is younger and already looks like he will rip up the Premier League this season.

I like Mitro. Have done since he signed. Make no apologies for the fact this is influenced by having a touch of the radgie about him and his apparent passion (seemingly derided by many pashun snipes; fwiw I also really want Geordies in the team whenever they're good enough, a desire which equally oddly also seems to be ridiculed at times).

I can't help thinking though that he's 'shot his bolt'/may have had his last chance. Let's face it, if you can't force your way into the team in the Championship and don't take the chances you get, a manager like Rafa is not going to put his faith in you. I get he's been unfortunate (Gayle's form and being injured at the same time as Gayle) but he is old enough and experienced enough to be delivering now. I know it is a super car vs saloon comparison but Gabriel Jesus is younger and already looks like he will rip up the Premier League this season.

Of course I want passionate players in the team. My point was that just because you play up to the crowd and say some move things it doesn't mean you care more than other players that don't do those things

Wins headers, tends to get a lot of assists, and has decent hold up play, and the small matter of his almost a goal a game ratio under Rafa, we've bigger problems in the squad than Mitro by a long stretch.

He's utter shit.

Maybe it's because of a complication of aids you mental bastard.

Wins headers, tends to get a lot of assists, and has decent hold up play, and the small matter of his almost a goal a game ratio under Rafa, we've bigger problems in the squad than Mitro by a long stretch.

He's utter s***.

Maybe it's because of a complication of aids you mental b******.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tend to agree that he's not the worst player we'd have in a 2nd XI to be honest, which is where he sits in the squad right now at best, and arguably behind Murphy into the 3rd XI.

2nd XI Centre Mid, Left Wing, Left Back, Centre Def, Right Back, Keeper all ahead of him as an issue tbh.

:dontknow: