Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

You'd have to be wilfully ignorant or a bit dense to think that youth and/or inexperience in a particular league isn't a factor in performance levels.

Of course it is, but you're either a goal scorer or you're not, regardless of age. Same goes for pace , mobility and effort, no use apologising afterwards for the result.

In the summer people were comparing him to Pelle at Southampton and I don't think Pelle was very good at all at Mitrovic's age yet moulded into an effective Premier League player

I don't think Rafa will want to wait 7 years for Mitro to mature into an effective Premier league striker.

I didn't say he will :lol:

I'm just making the point that with age and experience players can turn into better players which Tsunami didn't seem to think is the case

You'd have to be wilfully ignorant or a bit dense to think that youth and/or inexperience in a particular league isn't a factor in performance levels.

Of course it is, but you're either a goal scorer or you're not, regardless of age. Same goes for pace , mobility and effort, no use apologising afterwards for the result.

In the summer people were comparing him to Pelle at Southampton and I don't think Pelle was very good at all at Mitrovic's age yet moulded into an effective Premier League player

I don't think Rafa will want to wait 7 years for Mitro to mature into an effective Premier league striker.

I didn't say he will :lol:

I'm just making the point that with age and experience players can turn into better players which Tsunami didn't seem to think is the case

There's parts of Mitro's game which are already useful, he holds players off well and he can lay it off nicely. But in front of goal he looks really amateurish at times, for me that's the critical asset for any striker. I'll bet Armstrong would finish with more assurance one on one.

Can anybody who was at the game give us some feedback then? :lol:

He did some decent little chest traps and flicked headers. The run for the penalty was also good.

Unfortunately he missed three absolutely great chances including one where he fell over the ball. And obviously missed a penalty (which I said at the time should've been given to someone else).

Overall he was very poor and because of those misses I would say he cost us the game.

That said, in the second half the whole team didn't turn up. And additionally, Ayoze was also pap.

I like what Klopp said the other day about Sturridge something like, "he had two chances, however he is human - so he missed these chances".

Mitrovic has just come back from an injury (which looked grim), thrown into a dysfunctional eleven of misfits and youngsters playing a system they don't usually and expected to score every chance he gets to singlehandedly win us the game. Not accounting for the keeper keeping him out with some good saves.

Aye, he was very poor today - but did anyone come out of this with any credit? The whole team was dreadful. Where was Perez, what was he doing? What did he achieve as one of our most senior players? Maybe if Mitrovic employed some tit to make social media posts about loving the Geordie nation stood beside a Christmas tree as Perez does, he'd get less criticism.

Mitrovic has played well this season when he has started matches, other than today and against Blackburn. Gayle has also had some stinkers this season where he's barely touched a ball and we've lost the game. It happens. It also happens more frequently if you are dipped in and out of the team and you struggle for consistency and good performances, especially as a striker. See Sturridge at Liverpool.

People mentioned Murphy coming in and hitting the ground running - well he didn't against Wolves in the EFL Cup (where he missed chances and was pretty average). Murphy has scored in the last two games against really woeful opponents in dire form. The Rotherham keeper for example, was embarrassingly bad. Whereas today, the Oxford one had a stormer.

I'm not saying Mitro will be a great success or anything. I firmly believe that Rafa will sell him, but he is used as a scapegoat by a large majority of our support. If we started him every week as we do with Gayle, he'd have a similar goal tally at this level. Whether he's good enough next season if we are a PL club is a completely different story.

I was just giving my impression of how Mitro did today.

The team was only dreadful in the second half TBH, after we went behind and their confidence went. Basically a fair point though.

FWIW I don't believe he'd score anywhere near as many goals as Gayle TBH, Gayle is a born finisher.

He did some decent little chest traps and flicked headers. The run for the penalty was also good.

Unfortunately he missed three absolutely great chances including one where he fell over the ball. And obviously missed a penalty (which I said at the time should've been given to someone else).

Overall he was very poor and because of those misses I would say he cost us the game.

That said, in the second half the whole team didn't turn up. And additionally, Ayoze was also pap.

I like what Klopp said the other day about Sturridge something like, "he had two chances, however he is human - so he missed these chances".

Mitrovic has just come back from an injury (which looked grim), thrown into a dysfunctional eleven of misfits and youngsters playing a system they don't usually and expected to score every chance he gets to singlehandedly win us the game. Not accounting for the keeper keeping him out with some good saves.

Aye, he was very poor today - but did anyone come out of this with any credit? The whole team was dreadful. Where was Perez, what was he doing? What did he achieve as one of our most senior players? Maybe if Mitrovic employed some tit to make social media posts about loving the Geordie nation stood beside a Christmas tree as Perez does, he'd get less criticism.

Mitrovic has played well this season when he has started matches, other than today and against Blackburn. Gayle has also had some stinkers this season where he's barely touched a ball and we've lost the game. It happens. It also happens more frequently if you are dipped in and out of the team and you struggle for consistency and good performances, especially as a striker. See Sturridge at Liverpool.

People mentioned Murphy coming in and hitting the ground running - well he didn't against Wolves in the EFL Cup (where he missed chances and was pretty average). Murphy has scored in the last two games against really woeful opponents in dire form. The Rotherham keeper for example, was embarrassingly bad. Whereas today, the Oxford one had a stormer.

I'm not saying Mitro will be a great success or anything. I firmly believe that Rafa will sell him, but he is used as a scapegoat by a large majority of our support. If we started him every week as we do with Gayle, he'd have a similar goal tally at this level. Whether he's good enough next season if we are a PL club is a completely different story.

I don't get these comparisons. Of course Sturridge misses chances, but does anybody really question whether the guy can finish? He's an absolute natural goal scorer proven at every level.

If we are blaming individuals, think ill blame Sels just for playing.

Just seen the highlights, this bloke is a badly programed robot.

He looked overweight. He got involved in a scuffle for no reason. He missed 3 great chances 1st half. He earned a penalty and fair play grabbed the ball immediately to take it and I'd give credit to the GK. Link up play was poor to average. He fired a half chance wide 2nd half.

2/10 WNB.

Such a s s*** penalty - his head movement as he struck it (or just before) made it so obvious to the keeper as to where he was going to hit it.

Amateurish.

Aye if your place it soft you have to try and send the keeper the wrong way, he didn't try and disguise it at all.

Wonder if he was actually the designated penalty taker for this game.  He had that little thing with Ritchie at the start of the season when he was trying to claim one and I don't think Rafa will be too impressed if he's overstepped himself again.

My beef with Mitrovic is that he doesn't seem to care that much. He seems a happy-go-lucky character, but a bit immature. I'm not sure that he works hard enough on his fitness or on the technical side.

Last season, a lot depended on his signing working out, and of course it didn't.

I have always been 50/50 with Mitro. Like him for his antics, but I`m not blinded by them just a shame he isn`t really that good.  How ever there is no way Mitro would have put those 2 away Murphy did. They would have both been put wide.

I said it over a year ago and I'll say it again. He lacks the characteristics to be a good centre forward, he's a poor finisher with a chronic lack of pace. Add his questionable temperament to that and I don't think his future here looks all that bright.

I said it over a year ago and I'll say it again. He lacks the characteristics to be a good centre forward, he's a poor finisher with a chronic lack of pace. Add his questionable temperament to that and I don't think his future here looks all that bright.

he lost a few friends yesterday im afraid, i just think we all want him to succeed but however the kid isnt top class and will be away next season regardless.

lets not pick on this fellow though, the defending was fucking shocking yesterday, shocking

After The comments made by Hanley in the week, Rafa puts his faith in him, makes him captain and is then let down massively .... yesterday was his chance and sadly he missed it !!!

he lost a few friends yesterday im afraid, i just think we all want him to succeed but however the kid isnt top class and will be away next season regardless.

lets not pick on this fellow though, the defending was f***ing shocking yesterday, shocking

He f***** himself during that Spurs game in May with the red, lost the managers trust despite playing well in that game and scoring a good header.  His 4 game ban meant he was out of the picture and his season has never got going, I still think there is a player in there but his days here are numbered.  He looks very sluggish and for whatever reason can't seem to get his head straight on the pitch, letting league 1 defenders wind him up is case in point. 

lets not pick on this fellow though, the defending was fucking shocking yesterday, shocking

The defence was completely replaced yesterday though, the whole back five was different to the usual line up so you could understand if the communication was a bit off. Mitro's been here a year and a half now so it's not exactly like he was thrown in cold.

lets not pick on this fellow though, the defending was f***ing shocking yesterday, shocking

I like the lad, I really do. He's desperate to be a success here and it's clear he's loves playing for Newcastle United but the sad reality is he's not good enough and never will be. He's not a natural finisher and he's too slow. There's nothing even a coach as good as Rafa can do about that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Someone like Mitrovic needs to play regularly to build up form and consistency. He's not an impact player or someone who can just come into the side and score goals or have an impact. I don't rate the lad, but I'm not going to criticise him for having a poor game when he rarely gets a game. It's not easy and it's clear to me at least Rafa just doesn't trust him and he has no future here long-term. The only reason he is still here is for squad depth reasons. He'll be gone in the summer if Rafa remains as manager.

I don't think we need Mitro anymore, he brings nothing to team and is too much of a confidence player to make a difference. I applaud his passion but he's just not able to deliver the goods when he gets the chance, even in a lower league than the one we bought him for.