Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Didn't seem like he wanted to, or wasn't being allowed to jump by Rafa in the first half, he was much more effective in the second when he started challenging (and winning) balls in the air.

Good game overall, still don't want to give up on him, if Murphy had played like he did last night people would be wanking themselves right off.

I don't get it. After supporting Tiote for years past any meaningful contribution how haven't you learnt to stop being so wrong?

Not much wrong with the second comment like.

It's total nonsense. No one on here really rates Murphy as anything more than an OK Championship player who's done a better job than some expected. Everyone knows he can't play any further part if we get promoted.

Since when has a strikers role been to chest down balls to midfielders to score goals?

I agree yesterday was one of Mitro's best performances but he barely troubled the goalkeeper. Don't forget we had 20 corners. A striker would expect to get on the end of quite a few of them, especially one who is supposedly good in the air and good at headers (according to his fan club).

Link up play has been a part of a center forwards job forever.  I mean if you think Mitrovic's contribution last night didn't have a massive impact on us playing well you're crazy.  He certainly doesn't have the goal scoring ability necessary to be our main striker.  But he can offer something very significant to the team.

It's total nonsense. Nobody on here really rates Murphy as anything more than an OK Championship player who's done a better job than some expected. Everyone knows he can't play any further part if we get promoted.

Don't think it's being suggested that people rate him, quite the opposite really.  People accept shit from him, hence if he played like Mitrovic did last night everyone would be signing his praises.  Some seem to find it difficult to ever give Mitrovic any credit.

He just dont fit in Rafas system

He is not that slow..try to watch games he played for Serbian squad.Every game he scored.Why?He had good croses from Tadic..on the plate...all yesterday croses was not even close to him or he had to step back and hit ball with small strenght

Even ground pases was not that quality like he had in our(serbian) squad.Most of the time Darlow find him..he need to fight with one or two central defenders.Most of headers he won,few times he got fouls 20 m from goal  but Ritchie and Boldie didnt score.2 yelow cards their defenders made on him.What you need more for man who fight alone in this system.Pitty that Murphy didnt come in..atleast in last half an hour..one of them could better use that corners than shorty Perez

I think you expect miracles.Problem in this squad is not strickers.Gayle and Mitro could be even good in the Premiere ligue with better delivery.Midfild is our main problem.Lack of quality solutions when Hayden and Shelvey lost strenght or had bad game.And some better wingers becouse Gouf if far from classy crosser

Since when has a strikers role been to chest down balls to midfielders to score goals?

I agree yesterday was one of Mitro's best performances but he barely troubled the goalkeeper. Don't forget we had 20 corners. A striker would expect to get on the end of quite a few of them, especially one who is supposedly good in the air and good at headers (according to his fan club).

Link up play has been a part of a center forwards job forever.  I mean if you think Mitrovic's contribution last night didn't have a massive impact on us playing well you're crazy.  He certainly doesn't have the goal scoring ability necessary to be our main striker.  But he can offer something very significant to the team.

Yes, I know hold up play is part of a strikers role. Someone needs to tell Mitro and his fans that the main role of a striker is scoring goals. Our team only really has Gayle and Richie who regularly score goals. We can't afford to have strikers who don't score goals. Chesting passes to our other shot shy players doesn't get many goals.

People totally underestimate how hard it is for strikers to play 'bit part' roles and still score goals.

Mitro and Murphy have been in and out of the team all season which has effected both of them. If either of them had played from day one and played every week, they'd both have a similar number of goals to Gayle.

Mitro has had poor games, Murphy has had poor games, so had Gayle. But Gayle has been given the opportunity to play through his bad games, whereas the others are only in for one or two matches whilst Gayle is rested. Rafa prefers Gayle because he fits his style of football, but that doesn't make Mitro or Murphy total shite.

20 corners and it was the player who crossed the balls fault Mitro got nowhere near them?

yes.Not just itro..noone make any big chance from that croses..we was inefective and every time there was 6,7 our players..Good enough explaination?

It's total nonsense. Nobody on here really rates Murphy as anything more than an OK Championship player who's done a better job than some expected. Everyone knows he can't play any further part if we get promoted.

Don't think it's being suggested that people rate him, quite the opposite really.  People accept shit from him, hence if he played like Mitrovic did last night everyone would be signing his praises.  Some seem to find it difficult to ever give Mitrovic any credit.

The only reason I've ever criticised Mitro is his lack of finishing. Murphy doesn't do much outside of that, but it does look like he can put them away when he gets a chance. For all our twenty corners or however many it was, our only goal came from a defender.

Eh. How is it Mitro's fault we aren't scoring from the corners, when they were being aimed at Lascelles who was pretty much always flicking it on for Mbemba round the back, and Lascelles was winning the headers? But aye, that's Mitrovic's fault.

I bet he can turn his Tapatalk sig off though.

That's not what he gets paid for though is it, smart arse?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The King of all comebacks.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy must really hate scoring goals.

There was an article a day or so ago on the Chronicle website where Rafa said Mitro does extra training to work on his finishing.

Glad he did a good pass to Atsu but his first instinct always seems to pass to someone else anyway. He has no striker instincts.

Wondered who'd be the first idiot to complain that he played Atsu in rather than taking the wrong option and looking to score himself. :lol:

Well I didn't say that so you're the idiot.

Centre backs have more goal scoring instinct.

If the roles had been reversed I doubt Mitro would have converted the chance Atsu did.