Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Lascelles has always been ahead of Shelvey for the captaincy.

It's just that Lascelles didn't start against Spurs

I know you plonk

Eh? You are in the wrong :lol:

Joey is right, Shelvey has always been vice, and lost it due to a suspension. He still would of just with Lascelles returning :lol:

Dear me, do you want me to explain to you? :lol:

In his post match interview when asked about his last ditch save against Abraham he said he shouldn't have ball watched to let Abraham into that position in the first place. Good to see that our players can be so self-aware these days even when they've had a match changing moment.

Came in to write that myself. That's Rafa right there, he's famed for that kind of thing - telling players what they've done wrong in a game after they've scored the winner etc.

The fact he can see the mistakes himself is a good sign as it should help him cut down on them.

Like this lad a lot, hope he continues to improve because he's one of few footballers these days that are likeable.

I thought Lascelles would have struggled this year given his erratic form last year. Hoping he stays solid. I know he made a mistake yesterday but he cleaned it up very well.

I love having a goal threat from a CB. Feels like many years since we've had that.

Margins are so fine well. He went flying in to steal the ball at one point early in the first half; left his position wide open and failed to win it but Swansea did fuck all with it in a very good position. He'd have been crucified had they scored from it but he didn't really put a foot wrong from that point on.

Given the state of the England squad, his name might be banded about a bit when the next squad is picked. Provided he keeps up the performances.

I'm not saying he's an international defender BTW but I don't think Phil Jones is either so...

Apparently we've held initial talks for a new deal according to the Chronicle.

A microcosm of Newcastle United right there, we are like the Roman Emperor who decides on the right to life of combatants.  It's either thumbs up or thumbs down

Release news of possible new deal, alert potential January shoppers. Textbook.

Even for Mike Ashley's Newcastle that's a cynical view [emoji38]

[emoji38] Pardew years have scarred me for life. If he was still manager he'd be on TV telling unsolicited that we'd better tie down the new deal in case any interested parties start considering a bid.

Lascelles has always been ahead of Shelvey for the captaincy.

It's just that Lascelles didn't start against Spurs

I know you plonk

Eh? You are in the wrong :lol:

Joey is right, Shelvey has always been vice, and lost it due to a suspension. He still would of just with Lascelles returning :lol:

Dear me, do you want me to explain to you? :lol:

Aye please. Explain how Rafa STRIPPED the captaincy from our stand in captain.

Majestic yesterday. We forget he's still very young, and will be prone to a shit game here and there. But there's definitely bags of potential and skill in there. Just needs to be coached by someone of Rafa's caliber, and not WUMs like the wankers we've had in the past.