Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamaal-lascelles-wants-players-come-14036851

“It’s been frustrating for me when I’ve not been playing for six games or so.

“But now that I am back, I’m definitely going to be on to people.

“It’s not like the boys are not working hard - there’s none of that so that is a good thing.”

Lascelles, though, is confident he can help turn things now he is back, giving his observations over the issues he feels have hampered United in the last few weeks.

He said: “I thought our organisation wasn’t great.

“For the last couple of weeks, it hasn’t been great, there was not much talking on the pitch.

“It did not seem like there was much on the pitch in terms of talking and organising but we had that tonight, I feel.

“We had chances but just lacked that bit of quality.

“It’s just about finding the balance. We will do it, we will find it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/14/jamaal-lascelles-newcastle-given-home-truths-dressing-room-latest-loss

Jamaal Lascelles has revealed that harsh words were exchanged in Newcastle United’s dressing room after Rafael Benítez’s side endured their seventh defeat in eight games when beaten by Everton at home on Wednesday night.

“I wouldn’t say it was calm, no,” said Newcastle’s captain, who returned from injury for the 1-0 defeat. “There were a few home truths said but the reality is we’re not in a great position and sometimes things need to be said that players don’t want to hear. Hopefully, it’ll get a reaction. We don’t want to leave it too late.”

The problem is, I can’t see a real lack of effort. Rather a lack of ability, which is a much bigger worry.

It's a lack of belief as much as anything, the lack of communication on the pitch is extremely frustrating to watch and it's very noticeable inside the ground. Nobody wants to know, so it's brilliant that he's back.

Well this is his team for the last two years. This slip into absolute garbage has happened on his watch. Whether he was injured or not, he could have told his “home truths” weeks ago.

I think this will define him as a captain. If he can get this group of players to colllect a few points before the cavalry gets here it will be some achievement.

People talking about his ability are idiots. He’s a kid still pretty much with a heavy weight on those shoulders.

He will become better with age so ease up on him.

More than anything else I love that Lascelles is passionate about playing for us. It seems to me that he is genuinely proud to play for this club and even prouder to be captaining it. He's probably booted off because seeing us slump to defeat into he second half the other day hurt him like it hurts us and he's probably told Shelvey not to be thick as fucking mince.

Well this is his team for the last two years. This slip into absolute garbage has happened on his watch. Whether he was injured or not, he could have told his “home truths” weeks ago.

I think this will define him as a captain. If he can get this group of players to colllect a few points before the cavalry gets here it will be some achievement.

People talking about his ability are idiots. He’s a kid still pretty much with a heavy weight on those shoulders.

right

Read my post again.

As a captain I’m saying that he could have told his home truths a few weeks ago.

As a player he’s not the finished article yet.. but plenty of years to improve.

But as far as being a good captain goes.. he needs to step up the plate now.

TBH like I don't get the need to tell home truths unless players have specifically been stupid or haven't put the graft in. It's clear the lads are trying, they're just not good enough. What's he supposed to say to them like, "you're shit"?

It is obviously an assumption but I'd hazard a guess he booted off with Shelvey for being a fucking idiot again, and rightly so. Other than that, in recent weeks I don't think he could have told many "home truths" that would have shown good leadership or proved worthwhile. He's got to keep them motivated and on side, not go around blaming people for not having enough talent...

right

Read my post again.

As a captain I’m saying that he could have told his home truths a few weeks ago.

As a player he’s not the finished article yet.. but plenty of years to improve.

But as far as being a good captain goes.. he needs to step up the plate now.

You're an absolute nutter.