Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• 3 weeks later...

What a crap rumour :lol: Why would Rafas most loyal guy spit his dummy out for playing right side of a centre 3 :lol:

Rafa's caginess in the pre-match interview in comparison to being questioned about Shelvey leads me to believe the rumour has legs.

post match he was asked about their "injuries" and he said Shelvey will be 1-2 weeks and Lascelles is basically already fit working with physios :lol: All I took from that is what Lascelles was never injured in the first place

No player is bigger than the club. If the rumours are true it’s very disappointing carry on.

Fernandez and Schär looked good, especially the latters distribution from the back. We should be more worried about who’s going to be refereeing our games.. we rarely get any decisions our way and it’s deciding games for us.

Well we got a penalty against Cardiff that easily could not have been given but we missed that. Also, Yedlin did lead with his elbow today. The penalty was not a penalty and the free kick was wet lettuce but it’s not like total period flow against us

No player is bigger than the club. If the rumours are true it’s very disappointing carry on.

Fernandez and Schär looked good, especially the latters distribution from the back. We should be more worried about who’s going to be refereeing our games.. we rarely get any decisions our way and it’s deciding games for us.

We scored from what should've been a free kick against us today and should've had Kennedy off last week.

Well we got a penalty against Cardiff that easily could not have been given but we missed that. Also, Yedlin did lead with his elbow today. The penalty was not a penalty and the free kick was wet lettuce but it’s not like total period flow against us

I've been saying that, it's not really a conspiracy against us it's the bias refereeing towards the big few, we're not the only club to suffer that. We do however seem to get the rough end of a lot of decisions, seems like more because we see our own in more detail. I would say other fans of other clubs think the same.

The level of refereeing is shocking. VAR works 99% of the time so it will be a welcome addition whenever the PL finally implement it. We do get some decisions our way but mostly down to incompetence. In 50/50 situations or incidents where opposing teams do things that should be punished, we rarely get the rub of the green.

It’s slightly getting off point though.. I think today Rafa showed that we could get by without our most important player.

Lascelles isn’t thick, he'll have seen this too. He’ll have to raise his game to get back in favour.

We know that Rafa won’t go away from his plans at all, so if we had been training all week with Lascelles at RCB and Lascelles said he wanted to play CB then Rafa would continue to play Lascelles at RCB. We have seen how he has waited a few games to implement new players into the squad, even in pre-season games because it wasn’t what we planned for. I can’t see him dropping Lascelles because Lascelles wanted to play a slightly different position, especially in a game that would have to be more carefully planned than other may have to be. All he would have done is said to Lascelles why we are playing that way. The only reason why he would have dropped Lascelles is if either his training standards were below par and others looked better, or because he carried an injury.

Eh? That post makes no sense. On the one hand you’re talking about careful planning and attention to detail. And on the other you’re saying he should have just played Lascelles where he wants.

If Rafa thought he needed Lascelles on the right, and Lascelles showed an unwillingness to do so then he is absolutely right to drop him. Personally hope he sits out a couple of games as Clark, Schar & Fernandez looked good in a difficult situation.