Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Yeah, I like him, he seems to be switched on for a young lad, as opposed to some of the supposedly more talented or experienced players. If we do go down I hope we stick with him and some of the other younger lads, will be really keen to see them give Arma a chance in the Championship, Aarons too if we can keep hold of him.

Clearly wounded by the results, yeah he's not the brightest spark and seems pretty clueless on why it's not working but at least he gives a shit, could do with more of out gutless bunch showing that kind of hurt, we might actually start fighting back at some point.

Sounds as thick as fuck in that interview. Makes Saylor looks marginally intelligent and that takes some doing. Fucking hell.

Sounds like a young substitute thrown in front of the media when the person you mention, or other senior players, should've been there answering the questions.

No need to be ludicrously harsh on him based on that small snipped of an interview. Compared to him, Mitro comes across as a mentally challenged individual going by his interviews all season. Lay off these kids, blame belongs to the seniors who're hiding on the pitch and off it.

Wasn't 'pulling up any trees' at Forest, by all accounts, and doesn't seem to have developed much with us. It is telling that a Championship level CB (who may yet go on to be much more) is roundly welcomed into our team. ST & FC are past it; whatever 'it' was for at least one of them. It annoys me how many people were banging on preseason and Jan about needing an experienced beast of a CB to sit alongside Mbemba (Van Dijk, Morgan): the club decision makers will have plenty of time to rue their lack of judgement.

"We had Steve McClaren who is a great manager and now we've got Rafa Benitez, who is a great manager so it's clearly not that. It's the players and we have to take full responsibility. It's ourselves who need to change it and not the manager.

"Personally, as a member of this team, I think we need to play with more heart. You know we've got flair players, tricky players, players with loads of talent, but we need more heart, we need more desire, we need bigger characters on the pitch.

"We need players who care and who are going to get after each other and I think we've lacked it this season and no matter how good you are if you don't have that fight and hunger and desire, it doesn't matter.

"No disrespect to Leicester and even Norwich last week, I played against these players in the Championship for two years and you wouldn't switch one of our players for any of ours.

And that's the most frustrating thing for me  - on paper our team's ridiculous, like I said before we need to show more heart and fight because that's what Leicester have done all season and it's a big shock to football."

"We had Steve McClaren who is a great manager and now we've got Rafa Benitez, who is a great manager so it's clearly not that. It's the players and we have to take full responsibility. It's ourselves who need to change it and not the manager.

"Personally, as a member of this team, I think we need to play with more heart. You know we've got flair players, tricky players, players with loads of talent, but we need more heart, we need more desire, we need bigger characters on the pitch.

"We need players who care and who are going to get after each other and I think we've lacked it this season and no matter how good you are if you don't have that fight and hunger and desire, it doesn't matter.

"No disrespect to Leicester and even Norwich last week, I played against these players in the Championship for two years and you wouldn't switch one of our players for any of ours.

And that's the most frustrating thing for me  - on paper our team's ridiculous, like I said before we need to show more heart and fight because that's what Leicester have done all season and it's a big shock to football."

Great that like. Literally calling his team-mates out.

Sounds as thick as fuck in that interview. Makes Saylor looks marginally intelligent and that takes some doing. Fucking hell.

Sounds like a young substitute thrown in front of the media when the person you mention, or other senior players, should've been there answering the questions.

No need to be ludicrously harsh on him based on that small snipped of an interview. Compared to him, Mitro comes across as a mentally challenged individual going by his interviews all season. Lay off these kids, blame belongs to the seniors who're hiding on the pitch and off it.

Young Serb who has lived in England for a small amount of time in not being proficient in English shocker.

Sounds as thick as f*** in that interview. Makes Saylor looks marginally intelligent and that takes some doing. f***ing hell.

Young Serb who has lived in England for a small amount of time in not being proficient in English shocker.

:thup:

How good is it to see one of our players come out and tell it like it is. Shame none of our more experienced players have done it.

It isn't the first time that Lascelles has voiced his displeasure at the attitude of other players, with reports claiming he led the dressing room inquest following the 1-5 loss at Crystal Palace last year.

More recently, he was caught on camera after being sent off in a 0-3 defeat at Everton saying "no-one gives a f*ck" - a clear reference to the team.

Just as telling as those comments made though are the fact he spoke to the press, while his illustrious colleagues passed the buck as they do on the pitch and hid behind their headphones and gadgets.

Shown more fight and balls than the majority of out senior players.

How good is it to see one of our players come out and tell it like it is. Shame none of our more experienced players have done it.

Totally agree.

Have a lot of time for Lascelles, he's stepped up to the best of his ability and he's Bobby Moore compared to Taylor.

He's not been as bad as I was expecting after reading a few posters comments during the pre-season. He still looks a little raw but I think he will develop into a decent cb in time. Great to see some threat in the air at set pieces as well when he's in the team.

If he's prepared to put his neck on the line and offer some home truths then props to him. Others so called senior/mercs would just shy away from an upfront exchange with media.

He's very young but potentially could be a captain if he can install the heart and passion into others that he believes he has.

Lascelles & Mbabu &  Mbemba could be our future, they should get these three lads bonding and working playing more regularly, than the crooks we have and so called experienced/senior figures.

Overpaid sham.

If he's prepared to put his neck on the line and offer some home truths then props to him. Others so called senior/mercs would just shy away from an upfront exchange with media.

He's very young but potentially could be a captain if he can install the heart and passion into others that he believes he has.

Lascelles & Mbabu &  Mbemba could be our future, they should get these three lads bonding and working playing more regularly, than the crooks we have and so called experienced/senior figures.

Overpaid sham.

I like them three but i not sure any of them is good enough for the premiership, Mbemba probably the best of them. To be fair though they all have time to develop and it might be good to do it in the Championship.

Like what he said, still unsure why Rafa dropped him to bring back Taylor at Norwich, baffling decision that like.

Yep.  I get he wants experience.  But Steven Taylor, FFS?!

I thought Lascelles was solid, if unspectacular, when he had to come into the team.  Seems to lead and organise well, plus he wins everything in the air.  Dropping him for that fist pumping disaster zone, was a terrible decision.