Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

On 26/04/2023 at 23:47, Paullow said:

He's not even 29 and a half. Thought he was far older than that for some reason, like at least 32. Aye, it's surely too early for him just to be a lad in the changing room. He could easily have 3 or 4 decent years at a yo-yo type club.

Aye but also I reckon he stays for a year to soak in the CL nights. Might get to play the odd game.

I think for squad size -  he'll have to leave this summer as we should bring in another CB.

But if I was him, if I wasn't pushed to leave, I wouldn't. He's been on such a journey at the club and is a leader of the squad.

Although I can see a situation where a Leicester or Everton go down or even stay up narrowly. They could bring him in, immediately make him Captain and have him whip a dressing room into shape and play a part on the pitch.

15 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but also I reckon he stays for a year to soak in the CL nights. Might get to play the odd game.

I think for squad size -  he'll have to leave this summer as we should bring in another CB.

But if I was him, if I wasn't pushed to leave, I wouldn't. He's been on such a journey at the club and is a leader of the squad.

Although I can see a situation where a Leicester or Everton go down or even stay up narrowly. They could bring him in, immediately make him Captain and have him whip a dressing room into shape and play a part on the pitch.

We can’t just keep people around on decent wages just because they are good characters. 

On 29/04/2023 at 03:09, Ace said:

We can’t just keep people around on decent wages just because they are good characters. 

I would honestly make an exception for him, remember when he punched football into Faye

26 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Could be out for the season according to Hope. 

Can't afford any CB injuries like:yao:

If he is then Burn can cover Botman and Schar and Targett can cover left back. If the worse happened I think we’ll be OK.

Edited by SAK

Shame for him. 

I've been very critical of the guy, but he's been an excellent squad player this season. Has come in when needed and hasn't kicked off at being mostly on the bench.

• 2 months later...

I hope as fans we never stop appreciating Lascelles.

He stepped into the first team at a time when it was full of chancers and wasters and demanded more from them and himself. He could have tried to jump ship that summer but stayed and helped us get promoted.

He then kept us up despite the club self sabotaging in a bid to save a pound. Even after the takeover he played a part in us surviving and hasn't once kicked up a fuss while we've gone on this mad run. He might be more of a background figure now, but we were lucky to have him at the club during a shit spell. 

Edited by Viana

45 minutes ago, Viana said:

I hope as fans we never stop appreciating Lascelles.

He stepped into the first team at a time when it was full of chancers and wasters and demanded more from them and himself. He could have tried to jump ship that summer but stayed and helped us get promoted.

He then kept us up despite the club self sabotaging in a bid to save a pound. Even after the takeover he played a part in us surviving and hasn't once kicked up a fuss while we've gone on this mad run. He might be more of a background figure now, but we were lucky to have him at the club during a shit spell. 

Spot on.