Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Did nothing wrong and was unlucky on the penalty imo.

Apart from his horrendous kicking/flapping that put us under a lot of pressure at times.

Should have saved that penalty too, it wasn’t struck particularly hard.

That said he made some decent saves and he’s been better recently, he’s still not good enough though.

Did nothing wrong and was unlucky on the penalty imo.

Apart from his horrendous kicking/flapping that put us under a lot of pressure at times.

Should have saved that penalty too, it wasn’t struck particularly hard.

That said he made some decent saves and he’s been better recently, he’s still not good enough though.

He literally passed them the ball a few times in the second half  :lol:

It’s the players infront of him imo. Yedlin got beat far too many times, Clark played like he had the boots on the wrong feet, and Shelvey stopped virtually nothing from midfield.

Darlow was ok today. Made some good saves - not saying he’s great but he was not to blame for anything wrong today and people need to lay off him.

Guest alijmitchell

The one against Burnley I felt he could have gotten stronger hands to and not pushed up onto the bar. Today - you get that much of a hand to it, it needs to be saved.

The one against Burnley I felt he could have gotten stronger hands to and not pushed up onto the bar. Today - you get that much of a hand to it, it needs to be saved.

The Burnley one was point blank, he did well to even get a hand to it, it was a class save he just got unbelievably unlucky imo.

Guest alijmitchell

The Burnley one was point blank, he did well to even get a hand to it, it was a class save he just got unbelievably unlucky imo.

Obviously it was a reaction, but a better keeper beats that away rather than flap it onto the bar

Guest alijmitchell

The overall point being for me, Rafa has to give the gloves to the new guy, otherwise why bother bringing him in. Darlow is miles away from Prem standard

Obviously it was a reaction, but a better keeper beats that away rather than flap it onto the bar

You've got be fucking kidding right ?

Agreed :thup:

I couldn't believe he didn't win the header to prevent the initial shot, likewise today I couldn't believe he tugged Bentekes shirt.

He'd have been better not getting his hands to either, that way he couldn't be blamed for the goals.

Guest alijmitchell

Agreed :thup:

I couldn't believe he didn't win the header to prevent the initial shot, likewise today I couldn't believe he tugged Bentekes shirt.

Clark's unprofessionalism cost us the game of course, and I've already said that on his thread. Darlow gets criticism for being a paper handed weakling. Again, as I said, a premier league standard keeper would have kept one of the last two goals out. Point is, he's a rubbish keeper.

Guest alijmitchell

He'd have been better not getting his hands to either, that way he couldn't be blamed for the goals.

I haven't blamed him for the goals. What I'm trying to say is that having a shit keeper like Darlow is a factor. He doesn't get 100% of the blame, and to be honest, much like Joselu missing sitters last week, we're lumbered with these cack players, and it is hurting us because they're nowhere near the standard we need.

• 2 years later...