The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

What's so wrong with players using their first names on shirts in the PL? Happens all the time down here, not a big deal.

I really don't know. The whole conversation was riling me, but I maintained my composure.

Incredible that a player as s**** as Rooney will end up as England and Manchester United all-time top scorer. A triumph for longevity over ability.

If he overtakes Shearer, him being known as the greatest ever England striker will be too much for me...

Incredible that a player as shite as Rooney will end up as England and Manchester United all-time top scorer. A triumph for longevity over ability.

He isn't shite but it is a bit of weird one. He hasn't been consistently brilliant, I don't think.

They have loads of midfielders like we do but like us none of them are good enough.

Good enough for what, though? They got us fifth last year.

I'm just not exactly sure what people expect us to do. We really wanted Schneiderlin, but Man U blew us out of the water - not just the fee but probably double the wages we could afford. Liverpool bought two players for more than we've ever paid, and again, their wages are more than we can offer. I do think that Cabaye would have been a decent shout.

We've made a commitment to youth, and I'm happy with that. I'm still hoping that we can pick up 2-3 more players, and I think that we still have a chance to sneak in to the top four if things click.