Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

He's played in over 75% of DR Congos competitive games in the last 2 years, so aye he's guaranteed to get one.

If DR Congo were in the FIFA top 50 he would already have signed as he would have qualified automatically.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits

He meets the criteria of being an international player of the highest calibre.  The rules that are there aren't to stop the likes of Mbemba playing in the UK

Hoping that when/if he's allowed to complete the transfer we might then get moving on bringing in a center back to partner him.  We haven't heard much about defensive targets since Mbemba agreed to sign but again I'm hoping that's because we need to know whether we're definitely getting Mbemba before making the final decision on who the other central defender will be.

Its optimistic to think we'll sign another center back at all.  But I'm just hoping the claims from press that we're after two is correct and the only reason we've stopped hearing about defensive targets is due to uncertainty on Mbemba's transfer.

Didn't say I think we won't try to sell a defender or two though, I think we'd definitely try to move Williamson and Taylor on.

Its optimistic to think we'll sign another center back at all.  But I'm just hoping the claims from press that we're after two is correct and the only reason we've stopped hearing about defensive targets is due to uncertainty on Mbemba's transfer.

Didn't say I think we won't try to sell a defender or two though, I think we'd definitely try to move Williamson and Taylor on.

That makes no sense. If we plan on signing 2 centrebacks why would we put others on hold because we weren't sure we were going to sign this one surely we should be trying more.

Surely got to move on Williamson out of the two, I don't fancy seeing Saylor in the squad at any point in the near future but I'd much rather him than that useless lanky c***.

Yep. I'd say Saylor is just about good enough for the Premier League. MW isn't.

:jones:

I can see Taylor going to a team like West Brom and being touted for England after one or two of his trademark out-of-his-skin performances, then getting injured for the season again.