Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Whats the Chance Mbemba gets dropped?

Every chance since Clark and Hanley haven't figured much this season, and Rafa's the type who likes to make a point. He's already said there'll be changes for tomorrow.

Whats the Chance Mbemba gets dropped?

I reckon he wouldn't have played this Tuesday even if we had won and he played well against Wolves. I suppose if he doesn't start Saturday you might say he was dropped, but who really knows as it could be a Rafa rotation reason.

Not too sure if changing your defensive line this often is a good thing. I thought a solid defensive unit was built on consistency and a familiarity of each other's roles?

It is if they are doing their jobs. The defence is the area where we've had the least changes to formation to this point.

Not too sure if changing your defensive line this often is a good thing. I thought a solid defensive unit was built on consistency and a familiarity of each other's roles?

Absolutely agree, although i think changes would have happened anyway for the cup game. I think you can rotate full backs ok-ish in the league, but the two CB's need to play together to get an understanding imo and you shouldn't change those positions if it's unnecessary, injuries and form permitting obviously.

Aye it's a good asset to have, but not necessarily essential. Coloccini was never great in the air but (when he could be arsed) he was one of the best defenders kicking about. Not saying Mbemba has the intelligence or ability that Colo had (or ever will) but it just seems any mention of a CB and TCD is literally frothing at the gash or the mouth depending on whether they are decent in the air or not.

A CB needs to be good in the air in the PL, like. It was certainly a priority here under Bobby and KK.

I’m certain you don’t rate Colo in the air (well, full stop!) but he was voted as one of the two best CHs in the league by his fellow pros in 2011-12!

A CB needs to be good in the air in the PL, like. It was certainly a priority here under Bobby and KK.

It's like being in the twlight zone. "Not necessarily essential" - errr, yes it is for a PL CB. How many great CB's aren't good in the air? You don't have to be a big lad either. Gallas and Ramos aren't particularly tall but they are good in the air, great leaps and great heading technique/accuracy.

I'd rather a slow CB  than one that isn't good in the air. Colo was both and apart from 2 PL seasons, he was largely poor. In his better seasons he attacked / judged the flight of the ball so much better and won more of his headers.

• 2 weeks later...

On the raidio saying his English isnt good and that's why Rafa is wary of playing him ???

Pure speculation, like. It's more to do with his godawful performance against Wolves plus Clark's assured displays since then.

On the raidio saying his English isnt good and that's why Rafa is wary of playing him ???

Pure speculation, like. It's more to do with his godawful performance against Wolves plus Clark's assured displays since then.

By all accounts his attitude wasn't the most committed at the start of the season but hopefully that's changed.

Still think he is the best of our four. Hope he works his way back in there. All that said, Clark and Lascelles look solid so far so hard for him to do so. Think he got rested and then Clark just looked better when he came in so its a waiting game for the Chancellor.