Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Anyone at the game last night care to say how this guy played?

There's a fair bit in the match thread on this but he did ok. I liked how he nips in front of the striker to pinch the ball and him bringing the ball out from the back a couple of times really relieves pressure - especially when we were kicking it long in the last 5 minutes.

He did have a couple of shaky spells. His communication with Darlow seemed poor. At one point he berated Darlow for not coming for a ball then the next time told Darlow to come for it, he did, then Mbemba sort of half cleared it away as he was approaching nearly causing us some problems.

We didn't have to do a lot of defending to really judge though it was good to see him back.

I like him. Last night was the first time I've watched him and thought he could be more suited as a DM. Actually has a decent range of passing and looks more comfortable defending higher up the pitch than at CB.

Made some good interceptions by stepping round his man which has been lacking this season but a couple of times the language rumour was given some proof by seemingly terrible communication.

Hopefully he'll spend his summer off at an English school then.. He's too good to move on because of a language barrier, surely it'll click sooner or later

Not if he's fourth/third choice CB it won't.

I thought he was good. I blamed his shitty flap in the second half on Darlow's inability to come off his line at the right time. Yes he should have been able to hoof it clear it but he was waiting for Darlow to (rightly) come and collect it. For being out of the side for as long as he has he played very well, he didn't even need to use Mitro's excuse.

I thought he was good. I blamed his shitty flap in the second half on Darlow's inability to come off his line at the right time. Yes he should have been able to hoof it clear it but he was waiting for Darlow to (rightly) come and collect it. For being out of the side for as long as he has he played very well, he didn't even need to use Mitro's excuse.

He had a right go at Darlow for one that Darlow should have come for and didn't.

Was decent apart from one air shot and his poor understanding of communication. Can see this being an issue for Rafa like longer term. It's a shame like cause he is probably our best defender.

If he goes we should get decent money for him. Someone will get a good young defender who could do really well outside of England. Personally I still really like him, but if Rafa thinks he's a liability then he must have good reason.

He had a right go at Darlow for one that Darlow should have come for and didn't.

There were a few occasions last night where he was ushering the ball back, clearly signalling for Darlow to come for it, but for some reason didn't.

I just really hope that if it is only the language barrier that's stopping him from being in the side that they sort that out and give him a chance before getting rid. It was so annoying to see Yanga-Mbiwa get Pardewed and then shipped off so soon when others that maybe listen and communicate better but are distinctly worse players seem to hang around forever.

He was being partnered by Lascelles mind

Not sure either are good enough tbh.

I've always liked Mbemba but he was an absolute bag of shite tonight.

Same here. There's a good player in there technically, but a defender who switches off is an accident waiting to happen. Enough.

Same here. There's a good player in there technically, but a defender who switches off is an accident waiting to happen. Enough.

He's a decent natural 'defender' and athlete but I'm quickly coming around to the idea that he's not one for being 'coached'.

He's a decent natural 'defender' and athlete but I'm quickly coming around to the idea that he's not one for being 'coached'.

He'd best find himself another team then.

He'd best find himself another team then.

Yup. He'll be gone or fourth choice here next year. These last two showings would've done nothing to convince Rafa that there's a 'coachable athlete' in there imho.

He's behind Grant Hanley in the pecking order and today's a little reminder of why. Decent footballer but horribly unsuited to the English game. Unusual for a Carr signing.

He was good last season. Think hes more suited to prem than the physicality of the championship

He's behind Grant Hanley in the pecking order and today's a little reminder of why. Decent footballer but horribly unsuited to the English game. Unusual for a Carr signing.

He was good last season. Think hes more suited to prem than the physicality of the championship

He was decent when he wasn't involved in such a rigid/regimented system. He's shown no ability to make a meaningful contribution in the new environment and that's why he's not had a look-in until now, when we're on the bones of our arse for a CB.