Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

On the raidio saying his English isnt good and that's why Rafa is wary of playing him ???

Pure speculation, like. It's more to do with his godawful performance against Wolves plus Clark's assured displays since then.

That performance was no worse than Clark's against Reading or Lascelles against Fulham.

Aside from that anyway he was part of the team which conceded zero goals in over 400 minutes and a big reason why.

Let's not act like he's been consistently bad, if anything it's the opposite. Clark has been great from what I have seen so deserves his place until further notice, but the majority of Mbemba's performances have been great and all 3 of the CBs in question have had poor performances.

On the raidio saying his English isnt good and that's why Rafa is wary of playing him ???

Pure speculation, like. It's more to do with his godawful performance against Wolves plus Clark's assured displays since then.

That performance was no worse than Clark's against Reading or Lascelles against Fulham.

Aside from that anyway he was part of the team which conceded zero goals in over 400 minutes and a big reason why.

Let's not act like he's been consistently bad, if anything it's the opposite. Clark has been great from what I have seen so deserves his place until further notice, but the majority of Mbemba's performances have been great and all 3 of the CBs in question have had poor performances.

I don't dislike Mbemba but this is tosh, like.

Did you see the Wolves and Reading games?

Is Mbemba more suited to dealing with Benteke, Ibra, Llorente and co?

No but he probably is to Aguero and strikers of that ilk

because he can run faster? He's not a good enough defender between the ears for that to matter much against a player with world class movement, anticipation and finishing.

I'll give you Shane Long.

I don't dislike Mbemba but this is tosh, like.

It's not at all based on what I have seen, Wolves was apparently shite but he's been very good in every game he's played Wolves aside that has been on television.

We went into that Wolves game not conceding in over 400 minutes, he had a bad game but let's not act like it was a consistent thing.

Clark has come in and done a good job and deserves his place till he fucks up but that doesn't mean Mbemba crap and it was a long time coming or some shit.

because he can run faster? He's not a good enough defender between the ears for that to matter much against a player with world class movement, anticipation and finishing.

You do realise Clark was consistently poor at that level for a good few years? It remains to be seen whether that was because he was in a shit team but you can't give one player the benefit of the doubt and not another player

You do realise Clark was consistently poor at that level for a good few years? It remains to be seen whether that was because he was in a s*** team but you can't give one player the benefit of the doubt and not another player

yes as mentioned in his thread. I'm obviously not sold on Clark long term but even more so Chancel.

Think Mbemba works best with a leader and experience next to him. We have a young pool of CB's really. No doubt of Chancels talent though. Rafa will rotate them out again soon enough, it is up to Mbemba to seize the chance and play his way back in after that.

• 3 weeks later...