Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

I know he was shite against Wolves which got him dropped to begin with but Lascelles has had multiple poor performances at this point and Hanley definitely isn't the answer long term.

I wouldn't mind giving Mbemba and Clark a go, lets see if Rafa agrees.

• 3 weeks later...

Only learnt about the 75 points thing recently.  Reinforces my perspective that Rafa isn't a great league manager. Much mor suited to one-off games and therefore cup competitions. 

By the sounds of it he's only got more than 82 league points twice in his top level manager career.

Valencia

La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04

In a time when Real Madrid had Zidane,Figo and Ronaldo.

:yao:

Only learnt about the 75 points thing recently.  Reinforces my perspective that Rafa isn't a great league manager. Much mor suited to one-off games and therefore cup competitions. 

By the sounds of it he's only got more than 82 league points twice in his top level manager career.

Valencia

La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04

In a time when Real Madrid had Zidane,Figo and Ronaldo.

:yao:

1 of which was won with 75 points. With a top scorer of 7 goals. That's an anomalous year imo. Real finished 3rd with 66 points. Barca 4th. La Coruna finished 2nd. Just looked, the second league win was with 78 points. So correct me if i'm wrong but Benitez has only finished a league season with more than 80 points once in his career.

Deportivo won a league title with 69 points a few years earlier.... jheeze.

Anyway, it's not to diminish Rafa's achievement. You win the league, you win the league - great. But it just shows, in his best seasons his teams have lost and drawn a number of games which puts this season in some perspective. 1 of his title wins contained 12 defeats. The other 7 defeats and 8 draws.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty annoying that we havent tried him in midfield ahead of colback.

Remember on total sport just after the African cup of nations they asked Rafa how he thought Mbemba did in midfield. Rafa replied with something along the lines of "he did well but it's not his position", so I don't think we'll ever see it here

Guest ElCid

Pretty annoying that we havent tried him in midfield ahead of colback.

It's pretty annoying we haven't tried a tortoise in midfield in place of Colback as the tortoise would be more effective

• 3 weeks later...

Was decent apart from one air shot and his poor understanding of communication. Can see this being an issue for Rafa like longer term. It's a shame like cause he is probably our best defender.