Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

• 3 weeks later...

I think Rafa should try him in midfield. I've mentioned before that I watch many of his games for RDC who deploy him as a central midfielder and when I see him there, it is hard to believe someone of his talent cannot help this side. In the last match against Guinea, he was crucial in both goals, making Yaya-esque, powerful runs from deep midfield to the top of the opposition box and spreading to the wide players in good positions. His general play and ability to cause havoc is very impressive. Against Libya (who are poor since the civil war, tbf) he was also dominant in that position. It says something that their manager values his midfield play to the point, he prefers to play League 1 players and local boys at the back.

Generally, the club has invested a good sum of money for Chancel, and if the conclusion is that he cannot make a better defender than Ciaran Clark, his signing was a massive error. There is obvious talent there, and it would be good if the club found a way to exploit it.

I think Rafa should try him in midfield. I've mentioned before that I watch many of his games for RDC who deploy him as a central midfielder and when I see him there, it is hard to believe someone of his talent cannot help this side. In the last match against Guinea, he was crucial in both goals, making Yaya-esque, powerful runs from deep midfield to the top of the opposition box and spreading to the wide players in good positions. His general play and ability to cause havoc is very impressive. Against Libya (who are poor since the civil war, tbf) he was also dominant in that position. It says something that their manager values his midfield play to the point, he prefers to play League 1 players and local boys at the back.

Generally, the club has invested a good sum of money for Chancel, and if the conclusion is that he cannot make a better defender than Ciaran Clark, his signing was a massive error. There is obvious talent there, and it would be good if the club found a way to exploit it.

Clark's brilliant.

Clark's brilliant.

I don't mean to insult Clark, btw, I understand he has played well and is probably underrated given how poor the environment was at Villa, I am speaking solely of the best way to utitlise Mbemba, especially as CM is the weakest area of the side.

I'd have a bit of that!

Does he play in a midfield 2 or 3 baba?

Clark's brilliant.

I don't mean to insult Clark, btw, I understand he has played well and is probably underrated given how poor the environment was at Villa, I am speaking solely of the best way to utitlise Mbemba, especially as CM is the weakest area of the side.

Mbemba looked really good in the premier for the most part. He was a good investment I reckon, still pretty young as well so might well mature into a really good player in the next year or two. Yes he has had the odd lapse, but then Clark also had that reputation at Villa and he's doing great at the moment. I don't know about midfield but I'm definitely happy to have him here as one of our CB's.

I'd have a bit of that!

Does he play in a midfield 2 or 3 baba?

He plays in a three, behind Kubano, with some hey-you local boy holding behind him. Essentially, he plays box to box and carries the ball forward quite a bit. I think it would be interesting to see him next to Shelvey once or twice.

I'm sorry but playing him in midfield is no different to when people wanted Colo there, because he can pass a bit doesn't mean he can play in midfield.

People feel in this trap with England and Rooney constantly, there's much more to it than passing ability which is the only reason Mbemba would be considered.

I'm sorry but playing him in midfield is no different to when people wanted Colo there, because he can pass a bit doesn't mean he can play in midfield.

People feel in this trap with England and Rooney constantly, there's much more to it than passing ability which is the only reason Mbemba would be considered.

Did you just ignore all of Baba's posts about him playing in midfield for his country?

Damn dude take a deep breath and go back a page to read Baba's post :lol:

I'm plenty chill :lol:

Rooney plays midfield for England but it doesn't mean he's good at it, i stand by what i said. Also him playing midfield for Congo ( no offence to them) is very different than him playing there for us.

He's a CB that's what he is, this is no different to the Colo farce or when people wanted Janmaat in midfield. To use another example Alaba plays in midfield for his country, but every time Bayern have tried to use him there instead of fullback he looks significantly worse.

It's all pretty meaningless.