Ivan Toney (now playing for Brentford)

joeyt

Really, really like this signing. Love a young player that already has experience playing games every week in the lower leagues, and performing!

Hope he does an Ayoze and progresses much quicker from the development squad.

Have you seen his goal scoring record even at that level? :lol:

He was 18 man!  :lol:

It's more the fact he was trusted to start so many games, particularly last season, so he was clearly adding something to the team.

Just think it's good when players so young are used to suiting up in the first team every week, and playing against grown men.

Really, really like this signing. Love a young player that already has experience playing games every week in the lower leagues, and performing!

Hope he does an Ayoze and progresses much quicker from the development squad.

Have you seen his goal scoring record even at that level? :lol:

Serious? You're critisisng a youth signing now :lol:

I'm not criticising a youth signing. I am questioning the sanity of anybody hailing this as a great piece of business (I know it's Kaka and he's a bit special :lol:).

A one in five record in the fourth tier. I'm sure Carr must have seen something he liked, and I hope we get to see it too. But I will not be holding my breath, especially considering our record of bringing through youth players.

I gave a perfectly valid reason why I personally like the signing.

I did not at any point hail it as a great signing.

Think Mike Ashley has you losing it a bit sir.  :)

Not wanting to seem overly critical of this signing as I like that the club take a gamble if it does not deter from making the signings that are desperately needed, but the reason you gave is that he is a 19 year old who has played 60 odd games at the lower level of the prodfesional football pyramid, correct? Is that in itself really such an accomplishment? I don't follow football at that level closely, but I suspect there will be dozens if not hundreds of under 20's playing regularly at that sort of level? As I said, Carr must have seen something he liked, so let's hope we'll get to see it to. All I'm suggesting is based on his record this doesn't appear to be a signing to get overly excited about.

Seems like a McClaren signing, not Carr. McClaren from when he was planning for next season with Derby in the Championship, that is.  Whether the jump to the Prem is too big for him now we'll wait and see. Probably won't feature with the first team for ages yet though

These comments are nothing. From the official Facebook site where this signing was announced: "No wonder people think we're deluded", "I for one am happy with our transfer window". In response to people complaining about lack of signings. So thick.

Not sure what's wrong with having no faith in Mclaren or Ashley personally.

Don't recall any sort of mass support for him managing us prior to his appointment other than "he's better than Carver /Pardew"

I think people just want to think look forward to games again, and to have some recollection of hope and ambition again, and not to be so ground down negative about the club. We've changed our entire backroom staff, we are the 4th highest spenders in the transfer window thus far, and McLaren has spoken a good game, obviously a fuck tone more needs to happen, but people are just willing to see how it goes for the start of the season, me being one of them.

Seems like a McClaren signing, not Carr. McClaren from when he was planning for next season with Derby in the Championship, that is.  Whether the jump to the Prem is too big for him now we'll wait and see. Probably won't feature with the first team for ages yet though

It's a Carr signing, agreed my McClaren after a trial. Carr lives in the area and goes to Northampton games when time allows.

Guest palnese

Cannot believe we paid over £4.5+ for this lad - he must be good.

Edit: McClaren said we have spent over 40M, so just doing the maths..

pretty sure 500k was reported

It was, Mclaren is just pulling numbers out of his ass to make his boss look better

For the love of God.