Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

I really really hope that Mitrovic starts! Even IF he doesn't play well then his pure physical presence will cause them trouble and give our other players some space to take advantage of. And from what i've seen he seems to be a better player in general play as well. I'm confident that he'll score goals for us.

If he starts obertan over Aarons my miniscule excitement has gone.

He will, almost certainly.

not almost certainly at all  :lol:

Do you not think? I just can't understand why he'd start him vs Gladbach and play the majority of the game if he wasn't planning on starting him.

Any one that goes to the game is fucking scum.. Come on  the lads and all that shit

FFS man.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by both who we appointed as manager and the new signings I've never heard of, but you can't say the club haven't splashed a bit of cash this summer and look to be trying to put things right.

Any one that goes to the game is fucking scum.. Come on  the lads and all that shit

FFS man.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by both who we appointed as manager and the new signings I've never heard of, but you can't say the club haven't splashed a bit of cash this summer and look to be trying to put things right.

Can't you? Spent about the same as last summer haven't they? That went well.

Any one that goes to the game is f***ing scum.. Come on  the lads and all that s***

FFS man.

Putting things right would be replacing all the players we have sold since the end of Pardew's time and we haven't.

Some people in life are always just negative and it's usually the negative ones who appear on forums/social media/local press etc. to vent their angry feelings.

If Obertan plays, Obertan plays... The result of this fixture will not be down to one poor performance by Obertan. I personally wouldn't play him, but I'm willing to give every NUFC player a clean slate under a manager who I believe is a hundred times better than the previous.

People need to realise that McClaren is not Pardew - and he will probably drop players who perform poorly. Give the bloke a chance.

It's clearly not about McClaren though. Most are still negative due to who is still running the show and you can hardly blame them.

No, it's because you are always just negative in life. You only come on here to vent your angry feelings.

It's clearly not about McClaren though. Most are still negative due to who is still running the show and you can hardly blame them.

Oh I don't disagree with that at all, I'll never be fully satisfied until Ashley is gone. My post was more aimed towards people sniping at players and McClaren (not just in this thread but others too).

I'm more than happy to give players like Obertan the opportunity to play, as I'm pretty sure the oaths in charge of the tactics/coaching/team picking previously were dreadful and I have much more confidence in the current staffing.

I also believe McClaren will know the team inside out after 5 or 6 games and the dross that we all dislike will be miles away from the first team squad.

Yeah. I won't be back at SJP until Ashley's gone, or giving them any more money etc. But we're football fans, the most important bit is the match, and there's a chance, however small, that it might be a bit more fun this season. It's been long since we had any hope.

Oh I don't disagree with that at all, I'll never be fully satisfied until Ashley is gone. My post was more aimed towards people sniping at players and McClaren (not just in this thread but others too).

I'm more than happy to give players like Obertan the opportunity to play, as I'm pretty sure the oaths in charge of the tactics/coaching/team picking previously were dreadful and I have much more confidence in the current staffing.

I also believe McClaren will know the team inside out after 5 or 6 games and the dross that we all dislike will be miles away from the first team squad.

I was with you until here :lol: While i'm more than happy to see if other players can turn over a new leaf so to speak, there are a few which i know are shit and will never be anything other than that and Obertan is one of them.

My guess for tomorrow:

Krul

Janmaat    Mbemba    Colo  Haidara

Colback        Wijnaldum

Sissoko            De Jong        Perez

Mitrovic

My guess for tomorrow:

Krul

Janmaat    Mbemba    Colo  Haidara

Colback        Wijnaldum

Sissoko            De Jong        Perez

Mitrovic