Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

What was very noticeable today was the amount of teams playing out from the back, all starting with the goalkeepers distribution to start it all off. And tomorrow we will all have the pleasure of watching Tim Krul hoof it as far as possible.

What was very noticeable today was the amount of teams playing out from the back, all starting with the goalkeepers distribution to start it all off. And tomorrow we will all have the pleasure of watching Tim Krul hoof it as far as possible.

Doubt it tbh

Let me guess, Palace weren't one of those teams?

Unsurprisingly, Spanish telly is gonna show Arsenal-Wham. Today's my birthday and I wanted to watch this :(

Happy birthday mate.

Don't you have a choice of games in Spain? Either way it can be watched via other means.

I'm subscribed to a channel that shows one of the PL games being played at any given time, and they have chosen Arsenal. There's a brand new one that allows you to chose whatever game you want, but I'm not subscribed to it... yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have seen it carried by another, obscure, sports channel that comes with my package too. Yay!

I'm pretty sure about the team today except one position (not what i'd play) :(

Krul

Janmaat Taylor  Colo  Haidara

Anita      Colback

Wijnaldum

Sissoko                          ???

Mitrovic                          (just my gut feeling that he'll start today, head says Cissé)

If you've seen any of our preseason, that's something we won't be doing a lot of at all. Not that I'm against mixing it up, personally, now that we've got Mitrovic.

I'm not expecting too much result wise. As long as i can see some promising signs and intention from us, like a lot of movement and trying to play good football. It will be far from perfect as it takes time to change style totally, and for the players to gel/adapt. This combined with seeing the players showing hunger and effort and i will at least try and be patient before i complain too much too early. (unless Mars Man, Willo and Gouffran get picked ahead of others for a few games)

Unsurprisingly, Spanish telly is gonna show Arsenal-Wham. Today's my birthday and I wanted to watch this :(

It should be on BeIN Sports Connect in Spain if you can get that.

It should be on BeIN Sports Connect in Spain if you can get that.

Yeah, but I don't have it. It's not fully available yet. I probably will subscribe to them once they are.

Why would you want to ruin your birthday by watching us lose to Southampton  :tongue:

also HAPPY BIRTHDAY VI

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/md_7npLymRxs4hqMH75cWg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMyMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2013-04-12/96f11e44-cac1-47fe-a6e6-453ba1d72128_bill-murray.gif

I'm subscribed to a channel that shows one of the PL games being played at any given time, and they have chosen Arsenal. There's a brand new one that allows you to chose whatever game you want, but I'm not subscribed to it... yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have seen it carried by another, obscure, sports channel that comes with my package too. Yay!

Village, what other cannel is it on in spain? I will be looking to watch it aswell... Does Yomvi show it?

I am actually quite positive about the new season, my reasons being:

-No charver or slimeball to rub me up the wrong way, before, during and after games

-New manager who seems like he is actually speaking the truth, and has a reasonable grasp of the english language

-We haven´t sold any of our top players

-Signings look good (could do with 1 or 2 more?

-Management team helping manager all look positive and non-nepotistic!

My team today would be (don´t think Steve will be as attacking):

------------------------Krul---------------------

Janmaat------Mbemba------Taylor-----Haidara

------------Wijnaldum----Colback-------------

--Sissoko---------perez------------aarons---

----------------------NITROvic------------------

Caved in and bought a ticket t'other day. Looking forward to this.

You'll see at least one good side, anyway. ;)

Think we might draw now. Usual new season optimism based on little to nowt.