Newcastle United 2 - 2 Southampton - 09/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 46

Dave

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

:lol:

Stop being so biased, man.

What? Where do you think Mitrovic would have been if not in and around the six yard box? I'm glad we scored, but Cisse was quite poor that first half and ended up getting a goal out of nothing.

Sissoko looks incredible on that right side today. Both Wijnaldum and Cisse should have scored from his cutbacks. Very happy with working to master that position going forward. Really relieved because I wanted to kill him loads in pre season.

Enjoyed that first half, can't remember the last time that happened :lol:

:thup: Excited about this team going forward if the backroom can do the right thing. Imagine if we could bring the best out of Cabella as well :thup:

Anita,  Haidara and Obertan were awfull this half, fair play for Haidara for the cross though. good thing we've got good players on the bench to replace them

i'm a fan but he's been shit, that said colback offers fucking nothing either mind, just farts about looking like something without doing anything

the sooner mclaren realises he can't play them both the better

I'd take Anita or Colback off, move Wijnaldum back and get Aarons on. Obviously Ayoze on for Obertan as well

?

Wijnaldum back, but I'd put De Jong on for Anita or Colback and Aarons for Obertan.

Enjoyed that first half, can't remember the last time that happened :lol:

:thup: Excited about this team going forward if the backroom can do the right thing. Imagine if we could bring the best out of Cabella as well :thup:

:lol: I'm having similar thought processes and it feels odd. Lots of promise so far today imo.

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

:lol:

Stop being so biased, man.

What? Where do you think Mitrovic would have been if not in and around the six yard box? I'm glad we scored, but Cisse was quite poor that first half and ended up getting a goal out of nothing.

He always does, though. He's always in the right place to knock one in. It's not luck.

Anita,  Haidara and Obertan were awfull this half, fair play for Haidara for the cross though. good thing we've got good players on the bench to replace them

i'm a fan but he's been s***, that said colback offers f***ing nothing either mind, just farts about looking like something without doing anything

the sooner mclaren realises he can't play them both the better

Hes been pressurising them in midfield like nuts, you not noticed they've really struggled to play it through the middle? He's also dropping back between the defence as a ball player & keeping us possession. The midfield's been fine imo

Been a great game tbh.

We've tried to play good football, Anita dropping very deep and starting things from the back. The right side has been immense, the left awful. Wij has shown some good touches but not as involved as I'd like. He'd look better in Colback's role I think. Colback has been Colback.

This CB duo is going to have real problems against any big CF's, just don't think we can get away with two guys who are less than 6ft.

Cisse is a massive handicap to any attempt for us to play good football. Makes controlling a ball moving at moderate pace and playing a simple pass look as painfully and needlessly complicated as season two of True Detective. Alongside a target man he's a quality goal poacher but in the role he has today he looks and will continue to look awful.

Think Haidara has promise in him myself but no this hasn't been acceptable so far. Santon had plenty of dire defensive games, he just clearly had oodles of talent as well, one of those players who honestly don't quite make sense in any position.

Haidara worried me throughout pre season and he continues to terrify me. So casual and sloppy. Seems very goofy. Can't wait for Dummett to return at left back, and I don't particularly rate him highly there.

Haidara hasn't been particularly great, but he has potential and has looked alright for the most part whenever ive seen him, hope he can turn it around.

Been dogshite today though. Although let's be honest, most would with Obertan.