Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Perez for me shouldn't be on the wing like. Wasting some of his talent out there. He's intelligent, and as a player playing on the shoulder of the last man he'd be dangerous. We're only a couple of players from being a really big threat (at full strength). There's still questionable positions lower down the ranks though. Namely in defence.

Don't agree tbh, i saw enough against Man Yoo that it's not a waste of his talents at all as long as he's allowed to roam like he was in possession to extent and Haidara overlaps.

If anything i think it might be good for him because he'll be harder to pick up coming in from wide positions.

Fair points, I'm not sure we're set up strongly enough elsewhere in the team to accommodate for that though. Especially at LB and CDM.

Would like to see Sissoko utilised as a box to box CM for some time, he has the attributes but I'm not so sure about the mentality that's all...

I'm just not a massive fan of Colback (bang average) and Anita is very physically limited. Attack is undoubtedly our best form of defence. Or Only form of defence...

Suppose there's only one way to find out.... I would definitely play a front 6 consisting of Anita, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, Mitrovic and Thauvin though.

I think that's up there with some of the best in the (rest of the) league (taking out your big 5 or 6).

Defensively, though we're suspect still for me. Our back four were outstanding vs ManUre but got very little protection from CM, or the wingers for that matter. Perez (rather hypocritically of me here) was probably our best defensive player in midfield vs them, which was strange but good to see, to a degree. He's rounded himself off well as a player and is probably my favourite for us at the moment. I just feel he is most dangerous as a CF / ST.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Anita Colback

Perez          Wijnaldum      Thauvin

Mitrovic

Is what I think we'll see. Would personally move Wijnaldum back for the Daywalker, with Perez central and Aarons on the wing.

Wingers the other way round :thup:

Krul

Anita Colback

Mitrovic

Is what I think we'll see. Would personally move Wijnaldum back for the Daywalker, with Perez central and Aarons on the wing.

Wingers the other way round :thup:

Sounds like that's how we played tonight, so yeah, fair enough.

Would be disappointed with anything less than a draw against these.

They are underwhelming and I think we're starting to get things together, plus they're never great away from home.

Come off it man, they are clearly better than us and we always do f*** all against them. Not saying we won't get anything but they are one of the best teams in the league for a reason.

They are the one of the "top teams" in the league who I don't really fear playing against.

Anybody who shows up with a good performance can give them a real go. Arsenal beat poor teams but struggle against good teams.

Would be disappointed with anything less than a draw against these.

They are underwhelming and I think we're starting to get things together, plus they're never great away from home.

Come off it man, they are clearly better than us and we always do f*** all against them. Not saying we won't get anything but they are one of the best teams in the league for a reason.

They are the one of the "top teams" in the league who I don't really fear playing against.

Anybody who shows up with a good performance can give them a real go. Arsenal beat poor teams but struggle against good teams.

they've always got too much movement for our side though, it's always the problem, we can never defend against their wispy little fuckers running about all over the place

Krul

Anita Colback

Mitrovic

I hope it's more like:

Krul

Anita Wijnaldum

Perez            SDJ              Thauvin

Mitrovic

I'd like to see:

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haïdara

Anita Sissoko

Thauvin Wijnaldum Perez

Mitrovic

I think we'll obviously see Colback in midfield with Sissoko (if fit) on the wing for Perez, unfortunately. Really hope Cissé doesn't start. Big decision to be made at centre half between Taylor and Mbemba.

Don't think this is the game for SDJ.

What match are you thinking would be? We're at home to the essentially possession winners of the league. We need a dude like SDJ in the squad.

Games where we're going to be the ones dominating possession and needing to break teams down.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Haidara

Anita

Gini        Colback

Thauvin                            Perez

Mitrovic

I'm so happy that we got Thauvin, and hopefully he can show the quality and talent he has more often than not. I really wanted a wide player with flair and good delivery. The likes of Wijnaldum, De Jong and Perez are all intelligent players and will take advantage of the space created in the more central areas because of Thauvin drawing so much attention from out wide. I can see lot's of fullbacks pressing him with backup from one of the oppositions CB's for example. Lots of our attacking players making runs in to the box along with Mitrovic could prove very effective. Compared this to before under Pardew and Lickface when we often had ONE player in there. Especially Wijnaldum and SDJ i can see scoring lots of goals because of this with their intelligent runs and finishing quality. Can see Janmaat playing better as well having a not so predictable player in front of him.

Did Thauvin make many good crosses from the right in open play? Or more cut backs on the deck? I want to have him on the left as well to feed Mitrovic with crosses :lol:

Krul

Janmaat            Coloccini            Mbemba                               

Anita

Sissoko  Wijnaldum                                     

Thauvin                                        Ayoze

De Jong

Mitrovic