Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very little exposure for Sports Direct in the lower leagues - no interest in owning us.

And why wouldn't he try to get us up again instead of selling us for a much lower price than if we were in the PL?

I don't think anyone believes he'd still at the first sign of a relegation, more that an extended stay out of the PL would lead him to cut his losses. BTW it's alright saying he'll spend what it takes to stay up but he got very lucky last time imo, it's not always as easy as that, especially when he consistently chooses awful managers on the cheap.

To answer the question I'm really torn on it. The club being in the league is good for the city as a whole I suppose but in terms of the club itself we need to go down aye.

Yes. Will be good to see some different teams and grounds. Find the PL stale and pointless as the club stands. The diving horrid. The prices ridiculous. The crowd humour poor and so on and so on.

I don't think it's NUFC's decline, but the soulless nature of top level football in this country that makes me so apathetic. Watching documentaries recently from the 90s makes me realise how much I miss those days. I'm not one of these 'we need English players to feel the passion' folk, but it does make a difference when you've got a bunch of mercenaries on the pitch getting hammered to City who you know, on the surface, couldn't give a shiny s**** about the club.

I don't think for one second that it's NUFC specific, btw, it's just the nature of the game these days. The feeling of complete apathy merely accentuates the feeling that support for your team now is not what it used to be.

It's not about the players for me, it's about the fact that the only way we could ever win the league would be by becoming the toy of some oil billionaire. What's the point in a competition that has 20 participants but only four of them can win it?

I don't think it's NUFC's decline, but the soulless nature of top level football in this country that makes me so apathetic. Watching documentaries recently from the 90s makes me realise how much I miss those days. I'm not one of these 'we need English players to feel the passion' folk, but it does make a difference when you've got a bunch of mercenaries on the pitch getting hammered to City who you know, on the surface, couldn't give a shiny s**** about the club.

I don't think for one second that it's NUFC specific, btw, it's just the nature of the game these days. The feeling of complete apathy merely accentuates the feeling that support for your team now is not what it used to be.

It's not about the players for me, it's about the fact that the only way we could ever win the league would be by becoming the toy of some oil billionaire. What's the point in a competition that has 20 participants but only four of them can win it?

Play-offs.

Play-offs.

One of the top 4 would still win

Play-offs.

No.

Play-offs.

Does the best team always win the FA or League Cup?

Play-offs.

Does the best team always win the FA or League Cup?

Well most of the time a top four team wins yes, although there are obviously exceptions. Of course those tournaments are also often not taken seriously by clubs and they put their reserve teams out particularly in the early stages of the cup.

On the playoffs idea, lets say the top 8 teams qualify for playoffs, so maybe Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton. That would mean, for example Swansea would have to beat 3 of those teams in a row to be crowned champions, which is incredibly unlikely IMO, especially as all the bigger teams would be incredibly focused on winning every game whereas they may not be as focused in a league game in October. Tbf it isn't a bad idea and may be better than the current system but one of the top four would win every year IMO

We've seen time and time again that Ashley hates when the pressure is on. The statement years ago on the website asking protesters to stop, talking to Sky last year when he never before did an interview. It's when the "get behind the lads" and "I go to get away from the wife" crowd start turning that Ashley starts to feel it. It'll get worse than it's ever been this season imo and if we struggle again next year the same. My biggest fear if we go down is that the wife haters will go silent because we're hammering MK Dons 3-0 at home and it's been a cracking day out and Ashley is under no pressure at all.

The Championship isn't some obscure league, I mean yes it's nothing compared to the Premier League but his brand will still get decent exposure, more so than at Rangers probably and he's investing up there. We're always a good season away from the big time down there so why would he leave if we go down? £20-£30m investment in the transfer window next summer and we'll probably bounce straight back up to the massive payday, rinse and repeat. It's not pretty either way really but struggling in the Premier League is as much exposure and pressure as we can hope for.

I voted no, purely on the fact that I think we'll pick up 15 ish points between now and January and that we will make a signing or two in the window giving us just enough to keep our heads above water.

It's 'do you want?', not 'are we going to?'

Oh, in that case, yes. I want us to keep getting relegated until Ashley disappears.

I don't, like I've said all along I can't see how being relegated makes it more likely that Ashley will go. Probably makes the club less attractive if anything.

I won't be bothered if we do, I'm not bothered about anything NUFC-related any more, but I don't 'want' it.

I really want to see what can be built around Mbemba, Janmaat, Winjaldum, Perez and Mitrovic, which won't happen if we get relegated.

On the other hand, nothing will be built around those players if we stay up.

Ashley might sell if we go down, but most likely not. Sell all sellable assets, muster a team good enough for direct promotion like last time, and start fresh in the PL again would most likely be the outcome.

So...guess the answer is blank. I don't really care what happens.

We've seen time and time again that Ashley hates when the pressure is on. The statement years ago on the website asking protesters to stop, talking to Sky last year when he never before did an interview. It's when the "get behind the lads" and "I go to get away from the wife" crowd start turning that Ashley starts to feel it. It'll get worse than it's ever been this season imo and if we struggle again next year the same. My biggest fear if we go down is that the wife haters will go silent because we're hammering MK Dons 3-0 at home and it's been a cracking day out and Ashley is under no pressure at all.

The Championship isn't some obscure league, I mean yes it's nothing compared to the Premier League but his brand will still get decent exposure, more so than at Rangers probably and he's investing up there. We're always a good season away from the big time down there so why would he leave if we go down? £20-£30m investment in the transfer window next summer and we'll probably bounce straight back up to the massive payday, rinse and repeat. It's not pretty either way really but struggling in the Premier League is as much exposure and pressure as we can hope for.

We'll hemorrhage money in the Championship. We have the 7th highest wage bill in the league.