Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sunday 6th December - 4:00pm (Live on SkySports)

Sima

For 3-5-2 are we looking at?

Podge

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett Colback

Sissoko de Jong Wijnaldum

Mitro Perez

Guest antz1uk

When you're desperately short of defenders the sensible thing is to give all 3 fit ones a game just to increase the risk of injury

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Guardian suggesting 3 at the back with Colback left wing back :anguish:

Saints got murdered when they switched to 3 at the back last night with Wanyama in CB.

We played 4-4-2 diamond vs. Saints, wouldn't be surprised if we go that route again on Sunday.

Depends what the gameplan is. Southampton got hit on the counter while chasing the game so  it wasn't only the tactical change which was at fault. Judging us not only on our last two performances but since the start of the season, we definitely need to switch to a more defensive formation and stop the goal haemorrhage.  Five at the back is a must. In addition to defending the key to the match will be keeping the ball under pressure. A back five would allow us to stretch the pitch if we can pass the ball in defence. Our CM's will definitely need to take some risk and show movement to break the pressing. That's why I think Wijnaldum or Sissoko should start in midfield despite their lack of defensive abilities.

Saints got murdered when they switched to 3 at the back last night with Wanyama in CB.

We played 4-4-2 diamond vs. Saints, wouldn't be surprised if we go that route again on Sunday.

Depends what the gameplan is. Southampton got hit on the counter while chasing the game so  it wasn't only the tactical change which was at fault. Judging us not only on our last two performances but since the start of the season, we definitely need to switch to a more defensive formation and stop the goal haemorrhage.  Five at the back is a must. In addition to defending the key to the match will be keeping the ball under pressure. A back five would allow us to stretch the pitch if we can pass the ball in defence. Our CM's will definitely need to take some risk and show movement to break the pressing. That's why I think Wijnaldum or Sissoko should start in midfield despite their lack of defensive abilities.

I thought Southampton had taken the lead?

Would rather play 4-5-1 and spoil than play 5 at the back as every single time we've tried to play it we've got possed.

I thought Southampton had taken the lead?

Would rather play 4-5-1 and spoil than play 5 at the back as every single time we've tried to play it we've got possed.

They did.  Mane scored in the first minute.

Complete arse raping, nothing less. One positive is a shocker of a result might push the manager towards the exit door.

Excellent, I look forward to Charnley, Carr and Moncur replacing him. :lol:

We are so incredibly fucked...

“We have to play football against them, not against their history and problems but just against the team of Newcastle.

“We expect to win too. We expect it all the time. That doesn’t mean we don’t have respect. To be prepared you have to know as much as can about the actual situation in that moment at that club.”

“Confidence is like a small flower,” he said.

“If you have it somebody can kick it in a game and you see nothing of it. If you don’t have it, you can get it back easily if the other team give you that opportunity. We have to be prepared for that. It’s not allowed to start the game like we did against Southampton.”

For 3-5-2 are we looking at?

Podge

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett Colback

Sissoko de Jong Wijnaldum

Mitro Perez

Right back five but Anita/Tiote, maybe both in midfield and Cisse will start

Complete arse raping, nothing less. One positive is a shocker of a result might push the manager towards the exit door.

Excellent, I look forward to Charnley, Carr and Moncur replacing him. :lol:

Very true :lol: This is why I gave up on it a while ago. We're on a loop of total incompetence which is probably going to finally see us relegated this season.

University professor of football Paul Merson has just said tomorrows match will be a cricket score ...........................How ??? 235 for 5 totally impossible fucking inbred mug

Guest Roger Kint

University professor of football Paul Merson has just said tomorrows match will be a cricket score ...........................How ??? 235 for 5 totally impossible fucking inbred mug

One for the pet hates that one. Considering 1-0 or even 0-0 can be cricket scores its fucking stupid :lol:

University professor of football Paul Merson has just said tomorrows match will be a cricket score ...........................How ??? 235 for 5 totally impossible f***ing inbred mug

my ears may have decieved me and it may just have been me  being paranoid about the media hate for us, but I thought he said if we open this game up it'll be a cricket score then added "I hope" at the end of it. Shouldn't criticise anybody in a job while he can't do his properly. A tv presenter who can't pronounce the simplest of names and is generally inarticulate.

University professor of football Paul Merson has just said tomorrows match will be a cricket score ...........................How ??? 235 for 5 totally impossible f***ing inbred mug

my ears may have decieved me and it may just have been me  being paranoid about the media hate for us, but I thought he said if we open this game up it'll be a cricket score then added "I hope" at the end of it. Shouldn't criticise anybody in a job while he can't do his properly. A tv presenter who can't pronounce the simplest of names and is generally inarticulate.

He did. cunt.