Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sunday 6th December - 4:00pm (Live on SkySports)

Sima

Tbf this is the kind of game our players seem to magically get themselves motivated for. Still fancy us to get a dicking, but a hard fought dicking though.

This,with McLaren stating the "effort the lads put in today was tremendous".

Guest firetotheworks

On paper it's very hard not to predict that as things stand it'll be the premier league's all time record score.

This isn't one of those games guys  [emoji38]

We are going to get battered. There will likely be a red card from us too.

I agree, machines when they're in form like Man City and Chelsea take their foot off the gas after sticking 3 or 4 in to conserve energy for future games. This Liverpool side are too excitable away from home, they'll probably score about 15 just for a laugh.

Plus we know heads will go down once we lose the first throw in, and there's no coming back from that at the minute given how brittle our confidence is. They can stick their chests out in the tunnel all they like but they'll soon be convinced they're doomed and start wondering what's for tea.

I'm perversely looking forward to this game. I don't even mind if they score 12. It might actually get the entire footballing world to take notice of what an utter shambles we've become. It might also get some of the home support to do something.

We'll probably play better than most anticipate.

"Hard fought, commendable" 0-2, which gives everyone false hope that things can change.

I was saying this just before the Palace match. :lol: