Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

After back to back brilliant results, really do fear McClaren will keep the team unchanged. This will no doubt make the game twice as hard but still capable of getting all 3 points but a couple of changes to the side is really what is required, just can't see it happening.

Who knows. Villa are dire so wafflestomping them sounds normal. Cocking up an expected win after two huge unexpected results is normal for us so a draw to a late injury time equalizer or even 0-1 loss would be normal.

Whatever the result it will be unsurprising. :lol:

Both Mitro and perez deserve to start after their contributions in the last two games, but you could also say that Cisse and deJong have played pretty well in the last two. The formula is working at the moment i.e. the top two run themselves into the ground over 60 mins and then we unleash the two youngsters who just have too much energy for the tirning defence to contend with...

I would personally stick with what we are doing, seems to be working nicely.

Play Perez and Mitro up top, would be akin to Pardew benching Ben Arfa after bossing Stoke at home for Arsenal. You've got the response you needed, start them. I think he should bench Colback and look to keep De Jong in there with Perez playing wide left but doing his bit of attacking all over. Moussa stay wide right, De Jong as the link-man #10 and Mitro up top.

This the worst team in the league that's coming home, fucking batter them. Ruthless in attack.

Nee pissing about, just Mitro & Perez for Cisse & De Jong and we'll have no worries.

Got to agree with this. They both looked a class above when they came on, but the game had opened up by then.

Nee pissing about, just Mitro & Perez for Cisse & De Jong and we'll have no worries.

Got to agree with this. They both looked a class above when they came on, but the game had opened up by then.

Nah, De Jong must continue to start. He'll never improve if he's in and out of the team, need to stick by him. I think there's room for De Jong plus Mit/Perez in the side.

Make Mitro the focal point, De Jong right behind linking up. Start Perez wide left but with license to come inside (we don't really do any attacking wide left anyway at this point). Wijnaldum in a similar role to what he's doing now from wide left but tucked in more centrally, he attacks almost exclusively central (bench Colback), Anita in the exact same role. Moussa in the exact same role.

Make Mitro the focal point, De Jong right behind linking up. Start Perez wide left but with license to come inside (we don't really do any attacking wide left anyway at this point). Wijnaldum in a similar role to what he's doing now from wide left but tucked in more centrally, he attacks almost exclusively central (bench Colback), Anita in the exact same role. Moussa in the exact same role.

4-1-4-1? was useless against watford, wouldnt want to be using it again in a hurry

Nah, De Jong must continue to start. He'll never improve if he's in and out of the team, need to stick by him. I think there's room for De Jong plus Mit/Perez in the side.

He's always going to be in and out of the team though because Perez is better.

He's always going to be in and out of the team though because Perez is better.

Don't agree that he has to be dropped, don't see why Perez and Mit can't both start with him in behind. It would be better for McClaren going forward to find a system to accomodate his best players rather than continue with this current system in which we aren't utilising our best players.

I would love this, it would be pretty gung-ho, but Anita will be like a rabbit in the headlights then :lol: Even though he already does all of Colback's work. Basically Gini will have to keep going backwards quite a bit to help Anita out and bring the ball forward.

I feel like almost having Tiote in Anita's place if we're to play so attacking.

Well in a perfect world i agree, but we don't have good enough fullbacks or midfield to make that work yet. So for now it's one or the other and to me it's Perez every day.

When Mark Hughes finds a system to fit in Shaqiri, Afellay, Arnautovic and Bojan with Whelan as their central midfielder, i fail to see how we can't get our best attacking options out on the pitch and we look to make excuses to why it's either one player or the other. Negative bullshit for me, what's the worst that can happen? We try it one time and we get a mauling? Not like this current system has been immune to them.

This current 4-4-1-1 isn't creative enough imo, even if Perez/Mitrovic start as the two, it's still not good enough imo against the lesser sides.

Well in a perfect world i agree, but we don't have good enough fullbacks or midfield to make that work yet. So for now it's one or the other and to me it's Perez every day.

When Mark Hughes finds a system to fit in Shaqiri, Afellay, Arnautovic and Bojan with Whelan as their central midfielder, i fail to see how we can't get our best attacking options out on the pitch and we look to make excuses to why it's either one player or the other. Negative bullshit for me, what's the worst that can happen? We try it one time and we get a mauling? Not like this current system has been immune to them.

This current 4-4-1-1 isn't creative enough imo, even if Perez/Mitrovic start as the two, it's still not good enough imo against the lesser sides.

What is your suggestion?