Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

For some reason I can see this game being really cagey and scrappy. A win will really settle my nerves as far as relegation goes.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a f*** for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

After the way they went on with us? :lol:

Not only do i hope they get relegated, i hope they never return tbh.

Yup. f*** them after some of their fans treated us. I've been waiting for them to go down ever since, and tweet "who's your messiah now?" The tweet's been ready and drafted since then :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitro to boss this, hope we absolutely smash them.

If we can get an early goal I think it will crush any sort of confidence they've got left, the longer it stays 0-0 the more chance they've got of grabbing a late winner against us.

If Perez doesn't start at home against Villa, and Cisse and De Jong are both preferred over him, I'd think McClaren has lost it. We need to go at them and attack, with trickery and skill, and former two provide neither. Perez has to be on the pitch, even if it's on the left.

de Jong is clearly a very technically talented player, as well as very intelligent, and his style of play is probably the most suited in our squad to breaking through teams that sit deep and get bodies behind the ball (which is what I expect Villa will do). I'd prefer to see us trying to pass through opposition like that rather than dribbling.

:lol:

So let's pick a guy who's done f*** all for us creatively as opposed to the guy who's got us goals and assists this season, reducing his contribution to 'dribbling?' :lol:

Who said anything about dropping Perez? I'd play both, I just think you're being incredibly dismissive about de Jong's ability as a footballer. Your argument was about skill and trickery, not scoring goals, so you reduced his skillet yourself :lol:

Fair enough. I think tensions have arisen amidst #teamPerez and #teamSDJ, but no reason we shouldn't have both on the pitch, along with Mitro. Absolutely nobody is left in #teamCisse.

For some reason I can see this game being really cagey and scrappy. A win will really settle my nerves as far as relegation goes.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a f*** for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

After the way they went on with us? :lol:

Not only do i hope they get relegated, i hope they never return tbh.

Yup. f*** them after some of their fans treated us. I've been waiting for them to go down ever since, and tweet "who's your messiah now?" The tweet's been ready and drafted since then :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy us regularly beating Villa. Some of my fondest Newcastle memories come from games against them.

Anita

Sissoko    Wijnaldum

De Jong

Perez  Mitro

I'm with this. Have a go with it with this team for fuck sake it's the bottom team, we are at home, and we've just defeated Liverpool and Spurs.

My only soft spot for Villa came when Nobby was there and I dearly missed him.

Brummie's a great poster too so I don't wish any ill on them normally but maybe the relegation will help clean them up.

Anita

Sissoko    Wijnaldum

De Jong

Perez  Mitro

Without a doubt it should be this, got to at least give it a go and see how it works.

No chance at all he drops Colback.

My only soft spot for Villa came when Nobby was there and I dearly missed him.

Brummie's a great poster too so I don't wish any ill on them normally but maybe the relegation will help clean them up.

Yeah Brummie's the only reason I would feel back momentarily when / if Villa went down.

I want same side as last week but have Perez and Mitro to start then swap them for Cisse and SDJ for last 20. Also want Thauvin to get some time off the bench over Gouffran.

A must win game, great time to do it after notching two wins on the trot against tough opposition. Will we have the same desire to put the under performing sides to the sword? It will be annoying if we take more steps back against Villa.

By the way Astro, what does "i'm conservative with the clubs i want in the PL" even mean? is that like you'd rather Villa stay up than Bournemouth because of their respective pasts? some sort of football elitism?

Yeah, essentially exactly what you said there. But I'm starting to come around. If Villa aren't going to compete like the other clubs do then they deserve to go down. Also, many of the teams that have been promoted in the last few years have brought a different style to the Premier League and you regularly see them beating some of the bigger teams.

By the way Astro, what does "i'm conservative with the clubs i want in the PL" even mean? is that like you'd rather Villa stay up than Bournemouth because of their respective pasts? some sort of football elitism?

Yeah, essentially exactly what you said there. But I'm starting to come around. If Villa aren't going to compete like the other clubs do then they deserve to go down. Also, many of the teams that have been promoted in the last few years have brought a different style to the Premier League and you regularly see them beating some of the bigger teams.

Glass houses, stones