Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

I would go

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Dummett*

Anita

Wijnaldum 

Perez            De Jong      Thauvin

Mitrovic

McClaren will play the same players that finished today except for Anita instead of Gouffran.

*Not a fan of him at all and would rather have Mbabu there, but doesn't deserve to get dropped at the moment.

A nice 1-0 birthday win :thup:

I don't think Villa have a good striker or any attacking threat whatsoever. At the same time, we've found a groove and have confidence. I know it's typical Newcastle to mess this up, but I'm quite confident of the win.

This game will define our season. Show up and win it and we've really got something to build on and could even start looking up instead of at the teams behind us.

Lose this and we're back to where we were 3 weeks ago. Obviously the unexpected six points help immensely, but it'd be a relegation battle all season with a team that chooses when to put in a performance.

I've enjoyed the last two wins, and it's good that the lads have been behaving in a manner I'd expect from professional, team-playing sportsmen. But they can fuck off if they don't win this. Huge game and a huge opportunity. Win this and get a point against Everton, and we could feasibly have seen the last of the relegation zone this season - similarly to that wee streak we had this time 12 months or so ago.

Even though we have just beaten Liverpool and Spurs, this is still a massive game for us. As it's already been said, if we win this then we can start looking up. The thing is though it would be typical us to lose this after beating Liverpool and Spurs, but it would be typical us to win this, then beat both Everton and WBA and have one of our 5 game winning streaks.

We must win this, I don't care if the performance leaves a lot to be desired, I don't care if it's scrappy, we must win this, as it is I'm shitting myself already.

A nice 1-0 birthday win :thup:

I don't think Villa have a good striker or any attacking threat whatsoever. At the same time, we've found a groove and have confidence. I know it's typical Newcastle to mess this up, but I'm quite confident of the win.

Sounds right to me. They've only got six goals from open play in sixteen games. Don't feed them set pieces and we should do okay.

They pinged in a lot of shots from out of the box against Arsenal yesterday, but it was woeful stuff. Arsenal's second was also a strong candidate for the worst defended counterattack of the season, so if we get one and remain up for it, there should be more. Like against Liverpool and Spurs, we seem to do much better when the game opens up. Sissoko is not a factor when the play is crowded and static.