Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

This is a must win. Other recent results unexpected. Would still be regarded as a 6 pointer. So therefore still should be treated as a crucial game. I know they are taking it serious (they have to) but Garde called it a direct opponent next, meaning a team he considered Villa a close match.

For the first time since I packed my season ticket in I'm tempted to buy a ticket for this. The thought of beating these, putting a nail in their relegation coffin with 6 points by Xmas Day is pretty exciting but then again I'd buy a ticket and they'll end up beating us.

Knackers to them anyway, I'll laugh my arse off when they're crying on TV.

Just noticed this is half five, bollocks, there go my plans of getting the train.

We play at Villa Park on the 7th of May. Relegating them by winning 1-0 with a deflected shot off Agbonlahor would be magnificent. Hopefully they'll be down by then anyway and the away fans will be sure to return the favor tenfold from 09.

Sorry brummie, but I'm sure you can understand the sentiments.

Seriously? Is there other instances of home fans ripping relegated away fans?

Only takes one bedsheet bellend to be fair. Living in the Midlands growing up; many of my mates are Villa fans and they empathise with the plight of both clubs; plenty of bedsheet bellends n all like.

You reckon? I honestly couldn't see us mocking anyone except Sunderland.

Awaiting examples. :lol:

I feel we definitely would, to a degree.  I used to sit up in the L7 corner and I feel the majority that used to have their tickets there, would certainly get stuck in.  As I posted in the sunderland thread.  I certainly don't think it would be such full on hatred and seemingly the whole ground celebrating. 

Unless of course it was a big club, like one of the top 6.  If it was someone like Everton or Villa before all this shit happened.  I don't see it. 

I can kind of see KI's point here.  But you're dealing in hypotheticals and trying to suggest we'd celebrate like we won a cup, if we relegated a club like Everton?  Even with their strange social media hatred for us, I just don't think that would be the case.  There would be some p*ss taking, some cheering, some bother outside the ground, sure.  But I really don't think you'd see hundreds of grown men hugging each other and jumping up and down like they had won something themselves.  They were going on like the win had saved them from relegation FFS.  I really don't think you'd see SJP rocking with pretty much every fan going berserk. 

It's a strange one.  As I know a few Villa fans and I used to have a bit of an affinity for them, as I have family who live in Erdington and it was my first away trip when I was a kid.  I've been 4-5 times, it's a great ground and there used to be a good atmosphere.  Can't say I have ever seen them celebrate so wildly, though.  I've been to a 4-1 loss and a 1-0 loss there and all and that day we went down was just insane.  They were giving us a load of stick beforehand.  But TBH, I was shocked and surprised at how they went on at the end. 

In fairness, I had a few older fans come up to me after the game and shake my hand and offer a few kind words.  I had a long walk back to the car and I was caught between wanting to cry like a school girl and fight everyone in sight.  There were a lot of young charva fans trying to goad our lot into kicking off.  Just to top it all off.  I went out on the beers in Sutton that night.  It was grim, other than after a funeral.  I'm not sure I've ever had a more depressing drinking session :'(

It might be a bit petty, spiteful and small time.  But if they are down or close to going down.  I'll probably get a ticket for that game near the end of the season and bask in their misery.  Knowing us, we'll probably get hammered 3-0, or we'll probably be in the bottom three with them :lol:

Only takes one bedsheet bellend to be fair. Living in the Midlands growing up; many of my mates are Villa fans and they empathise with the plight of both clubs; plenty of bedsheet bellends n all like.

The video posted on the previous page shows it was the vast majority of the crowd who went mental with delight at our relegation. It was just a bizarre reaction towards a club who are based 200 miles away and that they'd had no previous bad blood with.

You reckon? I honestly couldn't see us mocking anyone except Sunderland.

Awaiting examples. :lol:

Although there was all the Ashley stuff going on, nowt was said when we effectively sent Cardiff down a couple of seasons back.

People seem to be forgetting that we're far removed from the 'everyone's second club' idea that Sky pushed in the 90s. That concept, along with the deluded nonsense that is perpetuated in the media even now (with assistance from dickheads like Lee Ryder to be fair) means rather than being liked, many fans of other clubs generally can't stand us. You only have to look on opposition forums before/after our matches to see that.

That us going down was actively celebrated by Villa fans was no surprise.

The video posted on the previous page shows it was the vast majority of the crowd who went mental with delight at our relegation. It was just a bizarre reaction towards a club who are based 200 miles away and that they'd had no previous bad blood with.

There has been plenty bad blood over the years previously mind with their radgies who are big pals with the mackems at England games with our lot pals with Birmingham city.

This!

They had been singing about us going down in bars pre-match, on the way to the ground and throughout the match! They when mental at full time and were giving it big style after the match! Several skirmishes but a heavy police presence probably stopped any bigger scale happening! I cannot wait to be present there in May and send these bastards down (or hopefully they’re already down!)!

As a few have said, Brummie seems a top bloke but he has to expect what’s coming if the ideal scenario is on the cards in May!

There has been plenty bad blood over the years previously mind with their radgies who are big pals with the mackems at England games with our lot pals with Birmingham city.

Maybe between a few dozen radgies but not 40,000