Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd January 2016 - 3pm

Stifler

Mitro

Thauvin    Gini      Perez

Sissoko

Anita

Mitro CF, Ayoze RW, Thauvin LW, Sissoko box to box and Anita the holder. Try something new ffs.

Somehow when the result is a forgone conclusion both sides seem to be affected. The side with no hope find a determination to resist and freedom of expression born out of the low expectation, while the expected victors can lose an edge to their game due to unintentional complacency.

So after carefully considering these factors which do come along to surprise us time and time again, I am in no doubt that we are about to have our backsides tanned against Arsenal as the first part of my post perpetuates the cycle of false hope before crushing dissapointment which is what life is all about for a Newcastle United fan.

Bloodbath. Perhaps the end of McClaren.

The wins against Liverpool and Spurs might have sealed McLaren's future here for the rest of the season unfortunately. Arsenal are a funny side. They are up there, but only a bunch of gutless wankers could lose to Southampton 4-0 when they could have went top. They are far from unbeatable.

Somehow when the result is a forgone conclusion both sides seem to be affected. The side with no hope find a determination to resist and freedom of expression born out of the low expectation, while the expected victors can lose an edge to their game due to unintentional complacency.

So after carefully considering these factors which do come along to surprise us time and time again, I am in no doubt that we are about to have our backsides tanned against Arsenal as the first part of my post perpetuates the cycle of false hope before crushing dissapointment which is what life is all about for a Newcastle United fan.

There's something majestic about this post.

The wins against Liverpool and Spurs might have sealed McLaren's future here for the rest of the season unfortunately. Arsenal are a funny side. They are up there, but only a bunch of gutless w*****s could lose to Southampton 4-0 when they could have went top. They are far from unbeatable.

They always beat us though, there's quite an obvious reason why as well. Unlike the other top teams who we sometimes get results against they move the ball very well and we are not smart enough to stay in position.

The wins against Liverpool and Spurs might have sealed McLaren's future here for the rest of the season unfortunately. Arsenal are a funny side. They are up there, but only a bunch of gutless w*****s could lose to Southampton 4-0 when they could have went top. They are far from unbeatable.

They always beat us though, there's quite an obvious reason why as well. Unlike the other top teams who we sometimes get results against they move the ball very well and we are not smart enough to stay in position.

Yep. We're already beat.

Mitro

Thauvin    Gini      Perez

Sissoko

Anita

Mitro CF, Ayoze RW, Thauvin LW, Sissoko box to box and Anita the holder. Try something new ffs.

Doubt Anita will be fit. Didn't look good for him yesterday. Anyone know if there's a timescale on how long he'll be out for?

They'll probably retire once it goes 2-0 thankfully. They tend to try and blitz teams from the start so at least it'll be over early for those watching.

Or the classic way they've handled us? They will cruise and slowly pick up speed and score between minute 30-45. If they don't, they'll get moving in half 2 and get a goal between 55-65. Another 5-10 minutes later and ruise control to 90.

Top post Doug... made me smile amidst my Pav-related sadness.

Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle

Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle

Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle

Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle

Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Arsenal 1-1 Newcastle

Least we've got form at the Emirates